Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking for some opinions. Further to my starting issues I manage to get fuel pressure readings which I think are a little low. When I turn ignition on so that the electric pump primes I get a reading of 62psi. That's low right? When cranking that goes up to around 1750psi, is that also low. But when it finally starts and idling its around 3633psi which I believe is normal. Any thoughts are as always much appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll check mine later using Torque Pro but that sounds the same as mine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ignition - 62.4psi
Cranking - 1690psi
Idle - 3660psi

·
Registered
211 Posts
Unfortunately not, what's the issue and what have you tried?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bad starting. Hot starting is worse than cold though. Had faulty glow plug module and 5 shot glow plugs so changed all 6 and module. Changed crank position sensor and made no difference. Unless I got a duff sensor but unlikely. Changed diesel filter and checked pipes. No codes on reader.

If I leave ignition on for about 20 seconds before trying to start it when its at temperature it seems to be better but still takes a long time to fire but will eventually. If I just turn the key it will take about 3 times of the starter timing out before it fires. I wouldn't mind if it ran rough once started but it doesn't. Runs and drives fine and smoothly although is quite hesitant when I put my foot down before it boosts up and takes off so to speak. My next step was going to be cam sensor but I'm told this throws a code if it's dead or dying. So other than injectors I'm stumped

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem. Did you find out what it was? apparently it could be the fuel pump on its way out but im not sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts