Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Folks. Don't get too excited yet. I had my float replaced in May or June 2014. WorkEd great for about 6 months, the a Stall at a red light. No other questionable signs after than one time since the new one. Until about a month ago. The stalling and sputtering at low speeds started up again. Due to my being afraid of running out of gas, my gauge read "half tank", I put in 14 gallons in my 19 gallon tank. Goes to the shop to replace it (again) this Saturday (October 2015).

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
932 Posts
Folks. Don't get too excited yet. I had my float replaced in May or June 2014. WorkEd great for about 6 months, the a Stall at a red light. No other questionable signs after than one time since the new one. Until about a month ago. The stalling and sputtering at low speeds started up again. Due to my being afraid of running out of gas, my gauge read "half tank", I put in 14 gallons in my 19 gallon tank. Goes to the shop to replace it (again) this Saturday (October 2015).
Hi yflpos,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Is there anything I can do to assist you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
mines built in Sept of 2005 300c ? Its driving me nuts trying to find out why its stalling all the time when i fill up. Were is this sale code NFK located?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is there a place on the web to run you vin to see if your car qualifies? My car stalls on the freeway and at stop lights now and I have had no luck with getting it repaired.

·
Administrator
13,062 Posts
Run your VIN through a local dealer. The All Data or NHTSA websites might list this but I doubt it as it is not a recall, just an extended warranty case created by Chrysler.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im in MADDOG new tank will be hear on wed or Thursday this week. Just trying to find out what all the parts involved are. Does the new tank have new factory sealed fuel pumps or do they just reuse the old ones with a new seal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tank only. Be sure they are careful. There is a plastic clip that can easily be broken during the replacement. If they break it, your error light will come on saying the gas cap is not on. I bought a new gas cap before I new about the clip.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ya got the tank yesterday and she stalled 10 min after leaving the stealership. haha Back to the drawing board!! HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPP looking for suggestions. what a PITA!! thinking throttle body or CPU?? Changed Cam Sensor,throttle possition sensor, Cleaned all grounds, pulled fuse10, cleaned Map sensor,polished Throttle Body intake area, Changed Gas cap.... im going to try the throttle body learn trick. Pull plug at throttle body run for a min or so then plug back in so the CPU has to relearn it. Somthing else worth mentioning is that my evic stopped storing my settings when all this started happen. For instance im in Canada. so I set the the display to read out in KM per hour instead of miles per hour. After i shut off the car the next time i restart it it always goes back to mPH?? Thats very odd and the stalling started when this started happening?? Any thoughts on that? 06 5.7.. Thanks james

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I really need help today. I'm having a problem with my fuel pumps and was trying to order a new. I believe my Chrysler is RWD... but I only see AWD for the pump I'm trying to purchase. Is it 9k for me to purchase the AWD? Do you know where I can purchase parts at a reasonable price? I called the dealership and they claim I can't claim the free service for the pumps. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
HeLlove everyone! I need help PLEASE! I have a 2005 chrysler 300c/5.7l. I'VE changed the fuel pumps, fuel injectors, ignition coils and the spark plugs, but the car still cuts off while driving and then I have to wait a while until it decides to start again. It's not get gas and I don't know why... as a female I don't want to be out at night and this happens.. what else should I do?.. Mentally exhausted with this problem...

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Have you had the gas tank replaced per Chrysler's extended warranty for same?

Call your stealership with VIN in hand. They can tell you if your car is included in the program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello DGO.. I greatly appreciate your response and thanks for the help. I did get to codes P0300 and P0335. I read up on it,so now I need to get the working and understanding what it means. Any help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Desiree..yes, I did call Chrysler and they claim I don't qualify.. I don't believe them.. but I hate going to the dealership anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
VIN seems like the easiest way to determine this.

Also, on a bit of a tangent, what happens if I simply don't fill my tank past, let's say, 3/4? I would love to get this fixed/looked at, but I need my ride right now and I haven't heard great stories about replacement cars from dealers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Desiree..yes, I did call Chrysler and they claim I don't qualify.. I don't believe them.. but I hate going to the dealership anyway.
Only the 19 gal tank qualifies. Get a build sheet. If it is listed, the vehicle/tank will qualify.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be persistant

My wife had talked to the dealer where we bought our 2006 300C and they told her our car wasn't on the list and they couldn't do anything for us. Stopped at another dealer today and the computer didn't list our vin as being one on the list. The service manager took the time to call Chrysler and found out that yes our car does qualify for the repair. Ordered the parts and will call us when they are in. Will see how it turns out, but guess which dealer gets our business and anyone else's that I talk too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow, I am glad I stumbled onto this because I thought my car was just having issues for not being driven much in the last 3 years.
Hopefully I can get them to replace my gas tank and the stalling at idle goes away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I had the fuel tank issue on my 05 300c , come to find out it was a recall and was real for free , also driver side airbag was a recall

21 - 40 of 50 Posts