Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 06 300c and had the fuel tank replaced as well as the 16 spark plugs. Finally had no issues with the it stalling multiple times everytime I would drive it. It was always happening as soon as the car would warm up and then I would let it sit idling for a while or turn it off for a little while and get back in and drive away. It would always take it a few miles to start stalling but it was every time before I had the fuel tank replaced. The tank was replace a week and a half ago and I have experienced this stalling issue again after drove it till it warmed up and turned it off to eat lunch and came back out and it ran for about 5 miles before it died several times. Anyone have this issue after replacing the tank. Also recently had the alternator replaced.

Will return to dealer with this same problem but didn't know if anyone else had stalling issues after tank replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Possible answer to my problem

Could it be possible that the open valve on my old gas tank caused liquid fuel to damage the evap canister to the point that the carbon filter has been damaged? After doing some research on the evap system, I have found out that this maybe why I am having problems all the time instead of just after refueling.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Chrysler has issued a lifetime warranty on the gas tank for the stalling problem.

Call you stealership with your VIN in hand and ask them to see if yours is covered. The fix is free!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gentlemen there is one other issue ... I went through all the same issues. Replaced gas tank, fuel pump and ecm, tcm and car still stalled. Come to find out that was not the issue.

Chrysler issues a recall in 2014 on a faulty ignition switch, this caused the car to stall out and any given time. I replaced all the above and it still will stall, ten a local mechanic told me he seen this problem many times on the chryslers 300 and it was a igintion system power failure. He said check online for recall, chrysler issued a recall for 350,000 and more for faulty ignition systems. Mine was relaced and its been one glorious month of no stalls which would happen weekly

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Would someone who's had the tank replaced please post the part number for the replacement tank? I have this stall issue but one dealer who says they can get the tank in a day won't honor the warranty, and another who will replace under warranty says the tank is on indefinite back order. The one that wants to charge me says the # is 68051891AB. Any help appreciated.

Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
06 300C Stalling Issues After 10 Months After Fuel Tank Replacement

I had the X53 Extended Warranty Fuel tank replaced in July 2017 and all seemed to work fine afterward but now I am having the same issue with stalling frequently at anytime while operating, especially the warmer it is outside. Has anyone had the issues with stalling after the new tank has been installed. I have only been filling up to the 15 gallon mark since the replacement as well for as a precaution. I am upgrading to a 2016 as we speak but it would be nice to figure out how to fix and sell this car or if I am junking it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
06 300C Stalling Issues After 10 Months After Fuel Tank Replacement

I had the X53 Extended Warranty Fuel tank replaced in July 2017 and all seemed to work fine afterward but now I am having the same issue with stalling frequently at anytime while operating, especially the warmer it is outside. Has anyone had the issues with stalling after the new tank has been installed. I have only been filling up to the 15 gallon mark since the replacement as well for as a precaution. I am upgrading to a 2016 as we speak but it would be nice to figure out how to fix and sell this car or if I am junking it.
My daughters 300 is doing the same exhibiting the same symptoms but is is a 2006 300 with a 2.7L V6 engine?

·
Registered
673 Posts
My daughters 300 is doing the same exhibiting the same symptoms but is is a 2006 300 with a 2.7L V6 engine?
Probably, if it has the 19 gallon fuel tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to say that my 2005 Chrysler 300 Limited is having the same problem for years and Chrysler will not cover it because my VIN isn’t one of them. I still cry bullsh!t on that because the dealership checked it out and said I need a total fuel tank replacement as well for that very thing. Chrysler said my car is too old to cover under goodwill warranty. As well as the dealership. But hey the dealership said I could always finance the cost of the repair… roughy $2000 for the tank and $800 for the labor. They are outta their minds. Good to know Chrysler has no faith in their cars lasting past 199,000 miles and being old?!? My friend’s 2004 Honda Civic lx just ended at 588,000 miles before he had to let it go. And it never even needed a new fuel tank. Who needs that usually anyway?!?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts