Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in a little traffic this morning waiting to get on the tollway when this red viper come zipping up the right most lane, cuts across the middle lane and into my lane right in front of me. I notice the nice personalized plate "UDLOSE", and then I notice the Viper stall out :pat: Guy tries to re-start with no luck and then had to get out and push it over to the side of the road. :jester:

Once on Dallas North Tollway heading south, came up on a sweet black 300 SRT-8 with the plate GOALZ - anyone on here? Had a sweet custom wing emblem on the trunk and SRT emblems on the front fenders. Great looking car :fing02:

·
Registered
974 Posts
The car probably didnt stall out, it probably was something mechanical. The reason why I say this is that when I worked at a dodge dealer I was the only one allowed to drive the vipers, and I sucessfully broke a brand new 06 convertible with only 41 miles on it. It turned out that it was the slave cylinder that broke, but I never even kicked or speed shifted the car. I drove it a total of 1/4 mile and had to be towed back. I love those cars but every one that I have had hands on experience with was a POS.(I would still have one though).

·
Registered
974 Posts
Of course the driver could have really been a dumb a$$ and had no clue how to drive, which is probably the case.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The car probably didnt stall out, it probably was something mechanical. The reason why I say this is that when I worked at a dodge dealer I was the only one allowed to drive the vipers, and I sucessfully broke a brand new 06 convertible with only 41 miles on it. It turned out that it was the slave cylinder that broke, but I never even kicked or speed shifted the car. I drove it a total of 1/4 mile and had to be towed back. I love those cars but every one that I have had hands on experience with was a POS.(I would still have one though).
every time i SEE a viper. i desperately want to go buy one. it looks so gnarly. but my buddy got one. and i had the chance to take a spin. the second i tried to get in or out of that thing. i didnt want it. i thought my 350z was bad. but the viper was horrid.

dont get me wrong. if i had a spare 50g sitting around that i wouldnt miss. i would get the viper in a heartbeat. but right now, it would mean giving up my 300. so instead i smartened up, and just got the vortech s/c. cant wait to line up with the viper and see what happens. :biggrin:

·
Registered
761 Posts
.....when I worked at a dodge dealer I was the only one allowed to drive the vipers, and I sucessfully broke a brand new 06 convertible with only 41 miles on it. ...
YOU my friend are why I NEVER leave my Viper unattended at a dealer....:pat:

LOL

·
Registered
761 Posts
now is a good time to buy...

every time i SEE a viper. i desperately want to go buy one. it looks so gnarly. dont get me wrong. if i had a spare 50g sitting around that i wouldnt miss. i would get the viper in a heartbeat. :biggrin:
50K will buy you a very low mile Gen3 Viper right now. If ever you were ever really considering it, now is the time. It is the funnest, crazy, scaryazz car that ever was and will be IMO.
:fing02:

·
Registered
974 Posts
YOU my friend are why I NEVER leave my Viper unattended at a dealer....:pat:

LOL

Cannot say I blame you. I have seen idiots mess these cars up (wait a minute, I think that excludes me:sour: ). Seriously though, I talked with the service tech and he said that there was a crack in the clutch fluid line (I guess that is what it was) and I was driving it with no clutch fluid in it. That was the cause. We had the car for over a year and all it did was sit around. I guess that the end result will happen every time with no fluid in.

·
Registered
931 Posts
50K will buy you a very low mile Gen3 Viper right now. If ever you were ever really considering it, now is the time. It is the funnest, crazy, scaryazz car that ever was and will be IMO.
:fing02:

trust me, i have done my research. and the thought has ran through my head on more than a few occasions. but i cant part with the 300. and i dont have garage space for both cars. i already have a 350z that has to sit on the street everynight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts