Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
jconnolly1119 said:
......am I to assume that the GSM mod only affects the torque control and leaves the ABS as is?? If so it would certainly be worth the 200 bucks.

here's another one for NR.......you said mild wheelspin with the fuse out, but what I'm wondering is how you think it might affect the launch. I know in my 6.1 the rears break loose even with the ESP on. Turn it off and I can sit and spin for a little longer......long enough where it would negatively affect 1/4 mile times. Getting the rears to hook up properly takes some practice even with the ESP on. I guess I'll try pulling #17 to see what I get.....and then it's just practice,practice,practice
That's my understanding, reading the info in the GSM thread.

As to wheelspin - I definitely don't want it under any conditions. With some vehicles it is necessary because the engine will bog on hook up. Our torque curve is so low that has never been a problem. My 5.7 would spin the rears in 1st without power braking when I had the Contis. The BFG's grip much better, and only spun for a few feet with the fuse out.

With your 6.1, I think the fuse out will degrade your launch. It might improve the crispness of shifts, though. It seems to eliminate that deliberate torque drop between shifts.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:
......am I to assume that the GSM mod only affects the torque control and leaves the ABS as is?? If so it would certainly be worth the 200 bucks...
Your assumption is correct, jc. ABS remains fully functional while performance inhibitors are nuked.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
jconnolly1119 said:
....Getting the rears to hook up properly takes some practice even with the ESP on. I guess I'll try pulling #17 to see what I get.....and then it's just practice,practice,practice
L o w e r - y o u r - t i r e - p r e s s u r e, j c

·
Registered
443 Posts
Meister said:
L o w e r - y o u r - t i r e - p r e s s u r e, j c
22-24 is about where I've been keeping it for launch practice........just shy of 30 for normal

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
joey said:
How about posting a picture of the fuse box, and a picture of which fuse to pull?
I thought the fuse box was in the trunk, but from your post, it is in the engine compartment.
I don't really want to do that, Joey. I worry that someone's gonna pull it for fun then forget it's out.

Your owner's manual will give you all the info you need. If you still have a problem, just PM me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
just tried a few tests of my own w/o #17. my conditions were not good, temp was hotter than last time I did 0-60 tests but the runs I did w/0 #17 were significantly better. first two were .32 and .38 faster than my best 0-60 prior and the next 3 were .1 to .25. again, my conditions were not good and I am just using a stop watch but there was definitely an improvement, possibly a great improvement before the engine got heat soaked. only way to get accurate, consistent benefits will be at the drag strip but this 10 minutes of playing and testing excites me, actually surprised me as so how good the first two were.
PS. I am at almost 5500 feet of elevation, don’t know if that matters as to the % of effectiveness of this mod. my tire pressure was about 29.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pulled the fuse out this morning and all i can say is OMG!This car is a monster! First gear spins the whole way threw, we were 2 in the car i did a few runs ,man what a thrill ,i did a smoke show too while i was at it and man did those conti's ever smoke!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Northern Rider said:
That's my understanding, reading the info in the GSM thread.

As to wheelspin - I definitely don't want it under any conditions. With some vehicles it is necessary because the engine will bog on hook up. Our torque curve is so low that has never been a problem. My 5.7 would spin the rears in 1st without power braking when I had the Contis. The BFG's grip much better, and only spun for a few feet with the fuse out.

With your 6.1, I think the fuse out will degrade your launch. It might improve the crispness of shifts, though. It seems to eliminate that deliberate torque drop between shifts.
Thanks NR!! I guess I'll give it try just to see...probably going to do the SRT Track EXp. in Homestead and I'm sure all of those cars will be ESP disabled one way or another.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is all interesting. I had run my magnum at the track (1/4 mile) with the fuse in place and with the fuse pulled. I have also done some hole shots and burnouts in a local parking lot with and without the fuse. I could tell no difference between the two. Shift quality and tire spin were identical.
I did not try any handling or braking test just the launch and shift in to second.

I have not tried this with my Charger but I may try it after I get a couple thousand miles on it.
I have ordered the GSM device for torque management deletion.

If interested as to how the Charger R/T with the performance group package does at the track with 500 miles on the odometer.
see here

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pulled it

Pulled it and smoked'em. The tires went up real easy. The annoying part is the ABS, BRAKE and another light are too bright...so ABS isn't deactivated? Hmmm, going to have to test that.

The tires seem to be the weakest link in all my observations with this car. Love everything about it but those damn Conti tires! It handles like a marshmallow so I put the fuse back in just to be safe. I'm going with some P-Zeros before replacing suspension parts... :mad:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
sorbs said:
Pulled it and smoked'em. The tires went up real easy. The annoying part is the ABS, BRAKE and another light are too bright...so ABS isn't deactivated? Hmmm, going to have to test that.

The tires seem to be the weakest link in all my observations with this car. Love everything about it but those damn Conti tires! It handles like a marshmallow so I put the fuse back in just to be safe. I'm going with some P-Zeros before replacing suspension parts... :mad:
Hi sorbs. For clarification, ABS *IS* deactivated when you pull fuse 17.

Only GSM's torqe management & full-on fan mod allows all the Go Inhibitors to be disabled while keeping all the Stop enhancers enabled.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Meister said:
Hi sorbs. For clarification, ABS *IS* deactivated when you pull fuse 17.

Only GSM's torqe management & full-on fan mod allows all the Go Inhibitors to be disabled while keeping all the Stop enhancers enabled.
Very cool...can you let me know how the install and usability is? I'm still dumping the tires first though!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know I have no business pulling fuse 17 but I was curious. I have a 300c with 700 miles and I decided to try this. With the fuse pulled, I take her out for a little spin expecting the same results that I've been reading about in this tread. NOT!!!! Fuse pulled I floor it. The car hesitates, chugs, and with the pedal to the floor she crawls until I let off. The engine light comes on and she only moves with the pedal less than halfway. Am I doing something wrong? Did I screw something up? Has anyone experienced the same or have any idea what may have happen?
Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Milton

·
Registered
94 Posts
Classy300C said:
I know I have no business pulling fuse 17 but I was curious. I have a 300c with 700 miles and I decided to try this. With the fuse pulled, I take her out for a little spin expecting the same results that I've been reading about in this tread. NOT!!!! Fuse pulled I floor it. The car hesitates, chugs, and with the pedal to the floor she crawls until I let off. The engine light comes on and she only moves with the pedal less than halfway. Am I doing something wrong? Did I screw something up? Has anyone experienced the same or have any idea what may have happen?
Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Milton
Make sure it was the #17 fuse you pulled. It does not have any affect on the engine's operation.
Did you have ABS , ESP and Stability control lights glowing on the dash?

·
Registered
172 Posts
maneval69 said:
Make sure it was the #17 fuse you pulled. It does not have any affect on the engine's operation.
Did you have ABS , ESP and Stability control lights glowing on the dash?
Yes! They were all on. I'm tring to find out what code my have come up. Is there a way of check without a scanner?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Excellent write up NR as usual, very interesting, makes me wonder if you are zipping along back roads on sorry stock Contis and that fuse decides it wants to blow, one could wind up in the boneyard real fast.

You are right Sorbs, tires are extremely weak, I love my GY ComforTreads but for your needs these are NOT the tires to go with, PZeros sound like a fine choice. Anyone thinking about pulling fuse 17 has no business with "comfort" tires on thier car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Classy300C said:
Yes! They were all on. I'm tring to find out what code my have come up. Is there a way of check without a scanner?
Yes, turn the ignition on and off ACC to ON (not starting it) three times fast, stopping on ON. The EVIC will scan through all the codes. ---- means there aren't any.

·
Registered
172 Posts
asabase said:
Yes, turn the ignition on and off ACC to ON (not starting it) three times fast, stopping on ON. The EVIC will scan through all the codes. ---- means there aren't any.
OK! Just tried that and here's what i got for codes: U0121 and U1120. Where can I find out what they signify?
Thanks for the tip asabase
Milton

41 - 60 of 119 Posts