Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've read a number of posts about this fuse. It seems that it controls different things on different models.

On my car (2007 CRD) it only controls the headlight washers and it is 20 amp. It keeps blowing when I use the washers when the lights are on, which I understand is the time that the headlight washers are activated.

Not a huge problem, but it would be good to fix this. Is it likely to be the headlight washer pump that I need to replace?

Thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
IIRC the headlamps are washed on every 8th windscreen wash, starting at the first wash with the lights on.

The first observation is that the service manual lists the headlamp washer fuse as 25A, so it might be worth fitting a 25A fuse first and seeing if it still blows?

If it still blows, it could be the pump that's at fault, but there could be a short in the relay or the wiring to the pump. If you can disconnect the wiring from the washer pump and try activating the washers with the lights on, you can see whether the fuse blows or not. If it still blows, you have a relay or wiring fault (pull the relay out and test again, no blow = relay fault), if it doesn't blow you know the fault's in the pump.

The pump part number is 05012060AA and it's buried with the washer bottle somewhere behind the bumper on the driver's side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts