Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang!
I have no rear running lights on my 2005 300c. i.e. - all the rear lights/bulbs work when I put on the brakes, but when I drive without the brakes depressed, there are front lights, but no rear lights at all.

I had this recently, my local quick-lube caught it and replaced a fuse (there was apparently a spare fuse in the fusebox already) but it has recurred again.

I think the culprit is a cracked tail-light lens/housing from a recent fender-bender that when it gets rained-on shorts and takes out the fuse. I've just bought a new lens and will be getting the minor bodywork done and the lens replaced, but in the meantime:

1) I haven't even looked yet, but can anyone I.D. the specific fuse that would control this & it's amperage so I can pick up a few, before getting under the hood? (10? 15? 20? etc?). It's cold & wet here, so less time under the hood is good! :)

2) May I assume the fuses are still those plastic-top two-bladed horseshoe shaped ones and the blown one will be apparent to the naked eye, rather than needing a test?

Thanks!
.James.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Fuse 8, 15A, in the front fuse/relay box (a.k.a. Module - Integrated Power, or IPM).
Also check the Relay - Park Lamp, also located in the IPM. Check inside the lid of the IPM for a relay location diagram. The service manual seems to indicate that here is a spare relay available in the IPM such that you can swap it into the Park Lamp Relay position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts