Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed onto the site today so I figured I'd say hi. I'm probably going to be ordering a silver 300C tomorrow. I just need to see if there are any dealers offering discounts before I go with the deal that my local dealer gave me $1000. discount + a $1000. offer through Chrysler Credit). So far it looks like this will be the best way to go!

For some reason I always end up buying vehicles at the wrong time and paying MSRP or higher. I have a 2005 C6 convertible on order, of course I was "lucky" to pay sticker for that one.

My C will be silver with navigation, satellite radio, moonroof and HIDs. I'm telling myself that I won't do to much to it but I know that is a lie. 22s and a grill upgrade will be waiting for this car to arrive. I haven't decided how far I will go into the performance mods from there. I drive alot of loud cars/trucks so it was nice to get in a car like this and not have to listing to any exhaust sounds. I believe Corsa might be working on a system for this car so I'll probably go with one of those when it's available. They tend to be very quiet during normal driving and then have a nice sound when you lay into it. An induction and computer upgrades will probably be done very soon after the car pulls into my garage. The computer tuning will be needed to get rid of the 130 MPH speed limiter. If I go with one major bolt-on that will be a supercharger. I don't know what's going to be available for this yet but I will be checking with manufacturers that I deal with.

Anyway, hello to everyone! :)

Tom
2005 300C - on order soon
2005 C6 Corvette convertible - on order

2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I ordered my sliver 300C on August 9th and I can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
tbyrne, welcome aboard. Wow, you have some highly desirable equipment on order and on the floor there.

I am impressed you are planning to not "muck about" personalising the 300C when you get it.

Look forward to your future postings and the progress of your garage. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
tbyrne, Welcome to the family :)

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

The Suburban is the most fun that I've had driving a truck. It weighs close to 7000lbs with me driving but can surprize alot of sports cars. It also tows my 10,000lb car hauler with no problems.

After reading the boards I decided to become a little more flexiable with my choice of options. Some people have mentioned that their orders are taking 10-12 weeks +. I'm an impatient person so I don't want to wait that long :) Actually, it wouldn't be as bad if it was winter now but I want to be able to driver the car while it's still nice out. So I just called my dealer to see what he can locate. The car has to be silver and have a moonroof. I will take or delete anything else from there. I can add HIDs and the satellite radio later. Navigation is a cool feature but I can get away with no having it. My portable Garmin GPS can be used if I take this car on road trips.

Hopefully I'll have an answer later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the site and congradulations on your purchase. Before taking delivery,
check the exterior door handles for a secure fit. I noticed two of the four handles were loose when I took delivery. The vehicle is awesome and the wait time is worth it.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Looks like you have experience with aftmkt HID, (nice rides btw). Several C owners have had difficulty with aftmkt HID, you might want to search a few threads on this, seems the electrical /lighting is rather different on these cars. Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to take a look into that.I believe these cars use 9006 and 9005 bulbs? If so, they are the same that I use in my trucks. I could always pull a set out of one of those to see how they will do if I don't find a car that came with them from the factory.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Bulb switching is not a problem, it is when you go to a true HID headlight assembly, ballast etc. that some have had problems. True HID headlights as I am sure you are aware can not be achieved with bulb only replacement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
tbyrne said:
I signed onto the site today so I figured I'd say hi. I'm probably going to be ordering a silver 300C tomorrow. I just need to see if there are any dealers offering discounts before I go with the deal that my local dealer gave me $1000. discount + a $1000. offer through Chrysler Credit). So far it looks like this will be the best way to go!

For some reason I always end up buying vehicles at the wrong time and paying MSRP or higher. I have a 2005 C6 convertible on order, of course I was "lucky" to pay sticker for that one.

My C will be silver with navigation, satellite radio, moonroof and HIDs. I'm telling myself that I won't do to much to it but I know that is a lie. 22s and a grill upgrade will be waiting for this car to arrive. I haven't decided how far I will go into the performance mods from there. I drive alot of loud cars/trucks so it was nice to get in a car like this and not have to listing to any exhaust sounds. I believe Corsa might be working on a system for this car so I'll probably go with one of those when it's available. They tend to be very quiet during normal driving and then have a nice sound when you lay into it. An induction and computer upgrades will probably be done very soon after the car pulls into my garage. The computer tuning will be needed to get rid of the 130 MPH speed limiter. If I go with one major bolt-on that will be a supercharger. I don't know what's going to be available for this yet but I will be checking with manufacturers that I deal with.

Anyway, hello to everyone! :)

Tom
2005 300C - on order soon
2005 C6 Corvette convertible - on order

Tom,
I just wanted to say holy hell!:eek: I've been over at LS1 since the start and all the other fbod boards since 98 and have conversed with you back and forth, met you at E-town a couple of years ago and have bought stuff from you when I had my Camaros. Not that I expect you to remember any of that! LOL Congrats on the C and nice color choice! ;)
I took the rear mufflers off of mine and went with straight pipe in place and 3 3/4 inch Ractive SS tips, and it's not overly loud at all. Pretty much sounds like an early 90's fox body Stang(stock). Am definately interested in bumping the limiter. I read somewhere(on this board?) that a guy in Mexico has had his up to 155 with the BFG G-force tires(apparently no limiter for cars shipped to Mexico).
I hope that you would consider supporting the 300 and Magnums with aftermarket parts when they become more available.
Man, this feels just like 1998 when the LS1 was introduced in the Fbod and only a handful of guys were modding theirs with homemade CAI, exhausts, cutouts, going to radioshack and getting the parts to eliminate the skip shift and whatnot because not much at all for aftermarket was out yet. DejaVu!
Again, congrats on the future purchase, and welcome to the board!
Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Tom (bunnyman) welcome. I know you from the f-body lists:) Maybe you'll carry some 300C parts on your website and give us a discount.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bulb switching is not a problem, it is when you go to a true HID headlight assembly, ballast etc. that some have had problems. True HID headlights as I am sure you are aware can not be achieved with bulb only replacement
All of my lights include the bulb, ballasts and wiring. What kind of problems are they having?

steves300c: Small world! I drive alot of performance cars/trucks that you can hear before you see them coming. Hopefully I can leave the exhaust alone on this one. It's fast while being quiet and refined :)

We're going to be listing performance parts for the 300C along with a few other vehicles from Chrysler and Dodge. I'm going to check on computer tuning today. Hopefully the speed limiter can be eliminated soon. A 20-25hp increase from the tuning would be good too.

Billy94z: That post has to be listed somewhere in the "History of the Internet". :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
tbyrne said:
All of my lights include the bulb, ballasts and wiring. What kind of problems are they having?

steves300c: Small world! I drive alot of performance cars/trucks that you can hear before you see them coming. Hopefully I can leave the exhaust alone on this one. It's fast while being quiet and refined :)

We're going to be listing performance parts for the 300C along with a few other vehicles from Chrysler and Dodge. I'm going to check on computer tuning today. Hopefully the speed limiter can be eliminated soon. A 20-25hp increase from the tuning would be good too.

Billy94z: That post has to be listed somewhere in the "History of the Internet". :)
Sounds great Tom. I know you will keep us all posted as I've found through personal experience that your customer service rocks and is second to none. The best.
Also, good luck with the dealer search. It sure is a fun as heck car to drive. Hopefully we'll be finding out soon what the limits on this autostick trans are(not to mention the rear). A 20 or so hp bump from comp tuning would be sweet!

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just spoke to my dealer. He searched all of New England but could only find one silver C but the dealer wouldn't swap. Of course he mentioned the town that it's in so I called that dealer and buy this one. It looks like it was built before Chrysler had a price increase so the base price is about $500. less than one that would be ordered now. I feel bad buying from another dealer because they have been VERY helpful but I want a C this week! :)

The other option is ordering one from the origional dealer. They have a call on order but it hasn't been picked up to be built yet. They figure it would take about 6-8 weeks if they change that one for my order.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just posted in that thread to see what the outcome is. Looks like I'll be picking the car up tomorrow night! This whole thing has happened way to fast. I haven't even ordered any parts for it yet :)

2005 Silver 300C - located! Billet grill, 22s and much more coming soon!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order

·
Registered
149 Posts
Damn that was fast! Congrats on your very possible purchase this week!
I'm sure you've read the posts, but be sure that the one you are going to check out does not pull to the right. You might know jrcase from the ls1 and ls2 boards and he got one of the earlier ones that had this pull that the dealer could not fix. I still don't know what the final outcome of his deal was, but he hasn't posted here in about a month or so?
Mine was built the day before they apparently fixed the problem on the assembly line with the pull, but mine does not pull at all. In fact(knock on wood), mine doesn't have any problems and hasn't had any in almost 4 hard driving months now.
Good luck today! Post up some pics when you can! :)
It sorta does make one feel bad having to go to another dealer to get the car, but it's your money and your time. You need to make yourself happy first, not the salesman that will be one of your best friends for all of 1-2 hours.
Why wait 8-12 weeks when you can have it this week? :D

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info about the pulling problem! It is very noticeable or does the car try to slowly drift to the other lane while cruising down the highway?

·
Registered
149 Posts
tbyrne said:
Thanks for the info about the pulling problem! It is very noticeable or does the car try to slowly drift to the other lane while cruising down the highway?
Tom,
From what I've read here and at the 300 forum at Edmunds, it's a very noticeable pull. Not road crown sensitivity pull, but if you take your hands off of the wheel say in the left lane of a 4 lane highway, it will still pull to the right. There is a tsb to fix this problem, and I would think most if not all dealers would have fixed the cars with the problem by now, but some have complained that theirs still pulled even after the fix.
Mine was built April 24th and the fix on the assembly line was started on April 25th.
I'd bet the one on that dealer lot was built way after April 25th because it seems dealers can't keep this car on their lots for more than a week without it getting sold. Unless they have a 5000 markup on it.
Check the build date on the drivers' side door. Mine says it was built at 11:30 PM on Saturday night! :eek: Runs like a champ though :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts