Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Am looking to purchase an SRT-8 300c when released in the UK, does anyone have any pics of this car in midnight blue as the picture in the brochure does not do it justice???

What is the first mod to do...

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
First mod would be... foot attached to fuel feed... shortly thereafter... plastic surgery to remove the ear-to-ear grin from the face.

·
Registered
147 Posts
GoofyTimL said:
First mod would be... foot attached to fuel feed... shortly thereafter... plastic surgery to remove the ear-to-ear grin from the face.[/quot

.....then some more plastic surgery to put the smile back again after youv'e emptied your wallet at the petrol pump!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Is the 3SRT8 being sold in that color? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
teahead said:
Is the 3SRT8 being sold in that color? I didn't think so.
We dont have the full spec over here yet but Chrysler dealer thought it may come in the blue.

What colours does it come in in the US?

Can anyone post a link to the US spec sheet so I can see what you guys get.

·
Registered
750 Posts
UK300c said:
We dont have the full spec over here yet but Chrysler dealer thought it may come in the blue.

What colours does it come in in the US?

Can anyone post a link to the US spec sheet so I can see what you guys get.
US and Canada currently 3 colour choices

Black, Silver, and Silver Steel.

We are reliably informed Inferno Red is on the cards.

http://www.chrysler.com/300/index.html?context=300-features-models_options-index&type=left

is a link to the US 300 site you will have to navigate it yourself to check out what info you want.

Cheers Zilla

·
Registered
49 Posts
UK300c said:
Many thanks Zilla
Hi UK300c, to date the colours are still to be confirmed. If I were a betting man I'd give good odds of midnight blue not being part of the SRT line. In fact, given the response from several dealers, I'm not to sure if the colour has a great future at all.

As is to be expected Brilliant Black is leading the charge at present, followed closely by Mineral and Bright silver. Midnight Blue and Magnesium seem to be doing the least business by a good margin. IMO the blue will not age well as it tends to show marks and dirt even more severely than Black.

As has been said before though, colour is a really personal decision and this was just my 2p worth!:ugh2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Belmont CJ said:
Hi UK300c, to date the colours are still to be confirmed. If I were a betting man I'd give good odds of midnight blue not being part of the SRT line. In fact, given the response from several dealers, I'm not to sure if the colour has a great future at all.

As is to be expected Brilliant Black is leading the charge at present, followed closely by Mineral and Bright silver. Midnight Blue and Magnesium seem to be doing the least business by a good margin. IMO the blue will not age well as it tends to show marks and dirt even more severely than Black.

As has been said before though, colour is a really personal decision and this was just my 2p worth!:ugh2:
Hows your 300c, is it as good as you expected or better? I drive a BMW M5 at the moment and will need the additional power of the SRT-8 so I am not going down in car speed/quality... any idea of 0-60 times as have searched and cant find any figures

·
Registered
49 Posts
UK300c said:
Hows your 300c, is it as good as you expected or better? I drive a BMW M5 at the moment and will need the additional power of the SRT-8 so I am not going down in car speed/quality... any idea of 0-60 times as have searched and cant find any figures
The car is, simply put, Jaw dropping. I think if you are told it's faultless then you're being lied to! There are, as with any vehicle, some niggles; no external boot release, no boot close strap, key operated fuel cap....

If however you look at the 300 as an ownership experience then there is no contest on the UK market today. In terms of sheer prescence, individuality, poise and appearance the car is literally like no other. Then add in the standard equipment level, purchase price, ownership costs and performance. Before long the picture becomes very DC tinted. Don't get me wrong, your M5 would disgrace the beast in several important areas but in terms of complete satisfaction?

IMO one of the biggest boons of the 300 is possibly one of the most refered to in here. The car is different. Regardless if you spend all of your time, and a good portion of your hard earned, seeking out the next mod; or simply drive the car as DC supply it you are always aware that you stand apart from the crowd!

As to the SRT figures are yet to be seen for the UK. The SRT drivers here talk consistently of mid 4's, 4.4/4.5 being the most often quoted. I think these are in stock form but could be wrong. The only word we have so far, and it was far from official is sub 5.

What does the M5 run at?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Belmont CJ said:
The car is, simply put, Jaw dropping. I think if you are told it's faultless then you're being lied to! There are, as with any vehicle, some niggles; no external boot release, no boot close strap, key operated fuel cap....

If however you look at the 300 as an ownership experience then there is no contest on the UK market today. In terms of sheer prescence, individuality, poise and appearance the car is literally like no other. Then add in the standard equipment level, purchase price, ownership costs and performance. Before long the picture becomes very DC tinted. Don't get me wrong, your M5 would disgrace the beast in several important areas but in terms of complete satisfaction?

IMO one of the biggest boons of the 300 is possibly one of the most refered to in here. The car is different. Regardless if you spend all of your time, and a good portion of your hard earned, seeking out the next mod; or simply drive the car as DC supply it you are always aware that you stand apart from the crowd!

As to the SRT figures are yet to be seen for the UK. The SRT drivers here talk consistently of mid 4's, 4.4/4.5 being the most often quoted. I think these are in stock form but could be wrong. The only word we have so far, and it was far from official is sub 5.

What does the M5 run at?

Hi Belmont.

Arnie isn't an SRT
He isn't even a rufty tufty Hemi
He's not like all the other 300c's - they make him drink from the black pump.

But, he does have a boot closing handle inside

MTC

·
Registered
49 Posts
Murphy The Cat said:
Hi Belmont.

Arnie isn't an SRT
He isn't even a rufty tufty Hemi
He's not like all the other 300c's - they make him drink from the black pump.

But, he does have a boot closing handle inside

MTC
Now Mr. Murphy, i'm curious to hear more. There seem to be variances between cars despite them all falling in the same chassis code.

For example: My foglight switch works af follows, 1st press front on, 2nd press front and rear on, 3rd press all off. I delivered a CRD t'other day which ran 1st press front on, 2nd front and rear, 3rd front on, 4th all off. Trivial i know but the car also had a different centre bin from our v6 (additional dookits and cubbies) and had a slightly different evic readout. This one displayed the oil pressure varying with engine speed, ours shows a fixed reading (i'd guess not working or old software) throughout.

We also delivered a Hemi that when the boot release is pressed (key or internal) the boot actually swings fully open. Our car the boot only barely pops up.

Either there have been some subtle little model changes or Belmont Junior has fed our car a rusk!:pat:

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
groovyjay said:
Murphy The Cat said:
But, he does have a boot closing handle inside [/quote]

I want one too!!! Any pics of the handle?
Ask and it will be provided for (later tonight).

MTC

p.s. I'll have to do it very quietly though, to make sure that Mrs Cat does not see me.. she thought that I was turning into a numberplate nutter before Arnie came - if she sees me crawling around the boot taking pictures she will think that I have finally gone doollaaalllyy alley.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Belmont CJ said:
Now Mr. Murphy, i'm curious to hear more. There seem to be variances between cars despite them all falling in the same chassis code.

For example: My foglight switch works af follows, 1st press front on, 2nd press front and rear on, 3rd press all off. I delivered a CRD t'other day which ran 1st press front on, 2nd front and rear, 3rd front on, 4th all off. Trivial i know but the car also had a different centre bin from our v6 (additional dookits and cubbies) and had a slightly different evic readout. This one displayed the oil pressure varying with engine speed, ours shows a fixed reading (i'd guess not working or old software) throughout.

We also delivered a Hemi that when the boot release is pressed (key or internal) the boot actually swings fully open. Our car the boot only barely pops up.

Either there have been some subtle little model changes or Belmont Junior has fed our car a rusk!:pat:

ahh Belmont
gather around closely, no closer than that, and come and sit on Uncle Murphys knee.

My fogs work the same as yours.
The centre armrest is like the blackhole of Calcutta - it's that big. It also has penholdersin the lid, a mobile phoneholder in the lid, and 4 x "tubes" for holding your change for tolls/parking meters etc.
Boot release just pops on up by an inch or so.
Oil pressure guage sits on 114 psi
I wonder if the software upgrade to cover British Imperial may address that one ?

But there is one addition that my car has that seems unusual. and thats the big hairy grinning looney that drives around in his new car as if he is Lord Murphy - King Of The Road.

MTC

·
Registered
66 Posts
Murphy The Cat said:
p.s. I'll have to do it very quietly though, to make sure that Mrs Cat does not see me.. she thought that I was turning into a numberplate nutter before Arnie came - if she sees me crawling around the boot taking pictures she will think that I have finally gone doollaaalllyy alley.
Thanks in Advance. I already have two "fingerprints" on the boot lid caused by friend pressing the lid hard on top when it was covered with crap. I always pull the lid close using the locking mechanism as my puller... ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Murphy The Cat said:
ahh Belmont
gather around closely, no closer than that, and come and sit on Uncle Murphys knee.

My fogs work the same as yours.
The centre armrest is like the blackhole of Calcutta - it's that big. It also has penholdersin the lid, a mobile phoneholder in the lid, and 4 x "tubes" for holding your change for tolls/parking meters etc.
Boot release just pops on up by an inch or so.
Oil pressure guage sits on 114 psi
I wonder if the software upgrade to cover British Imperial may address that one ?

But there is one addition that my car has that seems unusual. and thats the big hairy grinning looney that drives around in his new car as if he is Lord Murphy - King Of The Road.

MTC
Now Murphy, at the start of that post I find myself quite comfy on Uncle Murphs knee. By the end i'm unsure if i should kneel before Lord Murphy or simply avoid being mown down by, "the King":hail: ? Maybe it's only royalty that are entitled to the boot handle!

Just a brief thought :hijacked: but the EVIC displays a light sensor reading that would presumably control the Auto light in EU and US cars. One would imagine this could be fairly easily enabled! With his majesties permission this knave will run off and find out!

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Belmont CJ said:
Now Murphy, at the start of that post I find myself quite comfy on Uncle Murphs knee. By the end i'm unsure if i should kneel before Lord Murphy or simply avoid being mown down by, "the King":hail: ? Maybe it's only royalty that are entitled to the boot handle!

Just a brief thought :hijacked: but the EVIC displays a light sensor reading that would presumably control the Auto light in EU and US cars. One would imagine this could be fairly easily enabled! With his majesties permission this knave will run off and find out!
As regards the auto light question, one of the Upside Downers (Aussies) suggested that on their cars it was activated by turning the switch to the left - it couldn't be that easy to mod, could it ?

MTC

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Here it is

My Lords, Ladies & Gentlemen and Scots

I am delighted to present to you this evening not one, but TWO pictures of the boot closing handle that Arnie has.

Picture no 1 (named sexy boot handle) was taken with me crouching down, looking up at the raised boot lid.

Picture No 2 (named ooh its so moist) was taken with me standing up and looking dierctly towards the opened boot lid.

I would rather that you did not take these pictures into a darkened room and do pervy things with them - but you non boot closing handle types are probably a bit funny about things like that anyway.

MTC

p.s. just in case you missed it earlier.

Arnie does have a boot closing handle inside

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll give you "and scots" you mangy moggy! :rocketwho

There we go, thats better now! As i can see Arnie does have a boot closing handle inside

However, this does not solve the question of why ours doesn't. Is it some anti Scottish ploy by DC to empower tyranical felines?

By the turn switch to left comment i presume the upside down fellow was refering to the headlamp turner onner? If so then the car would need to be pre wired to accept the switch. Furthermore, following a morning of parts computers, it could be darned difficult to order the switch as it is not a build component of the UK car. If you can track down apic of the switch in question i shall toddle of t'workshop and ask the troops.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts