Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HUH! Am I missing some parts in my 300C!

Attention other owners! Where the hell is the rear magazine storage holder on the passenger seat? Also what in the world do you do with the gas cap - just let it dangle and scratch up the paint? Where is the the convenient simple gas cap holder. Is everyone's 300 like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah all 300s are that way. my bosses s500 is also that way no gas cap holder. i just assumed that all mercs were that way and thats why the 300 is too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I did notice that the cars I've looked at have only one seat with a pocket. I guess they figure the passengers will be so busy holding on for their lives (can you say HEMI) that they won't have time to read. No, honestly, I'm sure it is cost savings but come on Chrysler, really.

I thought the method to open up the filler door was down-right cheap from the start. Who wants to touch the paint with full finger contact to push the door open. If the paint is clean (esp. black) you leave prints, if its dirty it gets left on you. The car definitely needs a remote door release that pops the door open. Now to find out you have to just let the gas cap dangle? I guess it really doesn't surprise me.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bbates said:
yeah all 300s are that way. my bosses s500 is also that way no gas cap holder. i just assumed that all mercs were that way and thats why the 300 is too.
That is strange for a Mercedes!? I have had gas cap holders on both my Mercedes, plus the filler door locks when the doors are locked.

I have no holder on my Explorer Sport Trac and the cap scratches up the paint no matter how careful you are.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steves300c said:
Congrats on your car Kev! I did not realize you got it already. :) :cool:
Thanks Steve, the Old Lady has had it for about a Month now. I don't drive it much - I am only responsible for cleaning it! He-He! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Thanks Steve, the Old Lady has had it for about a Month now. I don't drive it much - I am only responsible for cleaning it! He-He! :D
I know that feeling. It's the same way with the wife's van. I clean it, she drives it. That's okay though, she can drive it and I'll drive the 300C. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel your pain Kev ...
With the 300C: I clean it, I fuel it, she drives it during the week ... I only drive it on weekends (including time to clean it and give TLC to it)

although I won't be able to buy one for myself like you :(
(at least for a while ...) :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
While we're on the where's Waldo kick.

Where's the power to the top half of the passengers seat? How embarrassing, I have a car that cost nearly $40K and the cheap bastards gave me half a power seat. Now, I could see that and no magazine pouch if the passenger seat folded forward allowing you to carry a 12 foot long 2 X 4. I looked for a way to fold the seat forward and didn't see one.

·
Registered
588 Posts
kampsvilleboy said:
... I thought the method to open up the filler door was down-right cheap from the start. Who wants to touch the paint with full finger contact to push the door open. If the paint is clean (esp. black) you leave prints, if its dirty it gets left on you. The car definitely needs a remote door release that pops the door open. Now to find out you have to just let the gas cap dangle? I guess it really doesn't surprise me.
I certainly agree w/you and the others. Besides, my cap is a locking one from DCX which is heavier, so I have put white electrical rubber tape carefully around the cap edges. This appears to have stopped the nicking paint business, particularly if you just don't let it drop.

Another thing I do is to loop the restraint and cap front over OVER the flap so that the removed cap doesn't hang down on the fender. To gain some extra length, just move the restraint ring on the cap by pushing it as far toward 11 or 12 o'clock (on the cap) as you can get it. It tends to stay there by friction once moved.

But why didn't DCX put a cap holder inside that lid? There's plenty of room. I'm looking to see if I can design something simple to screw/epoxy onto the inside of the gas flap to hold the cap when filling the tank. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Also, DCX has a spot on their web when you can offer suggestions about their products -- the gas cap problem and lack of a locking flap were #1 on my list after the lack of optional DRL's for US-distributed 300C's. DCX's response -- "thanks so very much, your suggestions have been sent to the appropriate department for consideration for future use."

Maybe if we ALL loaded them up with "Benny Sugs" (Beneficial Suggestions), there might be some adjustments, at least in the future.

·
Registered
563 Posts
This kind of obvious and stupid cost cutting on your flagship model is just plain embarrassing. Perhaps they figured we'd buy them anyway. They are right, but good grief, have some common sense. It's always the simple details these guys overlook. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gas Cap

Same thing on the PT, so I put a short piece of wire on the inside of the cover, then I looped the other end to hold the cable of the cap. Worked great the cap stayed next to the cover.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Back to the gas cap; a better solution to the "dangling" problem. Put a about a 1 inch piece of "velcro"-type material on the inside of the flap; put its mate on a suitable spot on the gas cap -- voila! a gas cap holder for pennies. So I took off the rubber tape.

Bought my piece of material from the sewing section at the local food store for a buck or so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh, I got a good one..Cut the damn wire it's attached to and then place the cap on the trunk! OH NO! THAT'D BE TOO EASY...C'mon on guys, use your heads, that won't void your warrenty..."MY GOD, HE'S CUT THE GAS CAP OFF THE WIRE, VOID HIS WARRENTY!" Gimmie a break.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I hate to start a new thread on this but I cannot find the old one where we discussed some of the problems caused by the gas cap flap not having a holder for the gas cap.

Here are 3 pics showing how I do it with mine.

Buy some 1 inch or so squares of velcro (I got mine at the local grocery store for about $1.87 for about 2 dozen male and female squares). They are self-gluing. Put the male one (with the hooks) on the inside of your gas flap, put the female one on the handle of the gas cap. Then simply push the removed cap onto your flap and PRESTO!, your cap will remain in place while you refuel.

Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
jaxson said:
Miles,
I did this from the time of the earlier post. Excellent idea that works great.
Do you remember where that was? I tried for over a half hour to find it and couldn't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry can't remember where it is,however your idea was a very very good one thanks.By the way will my C hav a locking gas cap?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts