Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only add gas for 5 seconds at a time before the pressure sensor on the pumphandle kicks off. I have to stop and start every 5 seconds, and it takes 10 minutes to fill'er up. Anyone know what could be causing this?:lick:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I can only add gas for 5 seconds at a time before the pressure sensor on the pumphandle kicks off. I have to stop and start every 5 seconds, and it takes 10 minutes to fill'er up. Anyone know what could be causing this?:lick:

does it happen every time you fill up?

i have had this happen to me before but it's the pump.

if the nozzle is not deep enough in the tank, it will stop.

sometimes, i have had to switch pumps to fix it. another pump will work. in my cases, it has always been the pump.

·
Registered
94 Posts
...and i thought I was going crazy or something hehehe :pat:

i have the exact same thing happening to me.. it's at this local Shell gas station only. Since its the closest to my house, i wasn't going to just switch gas stations cause of that.. i noticed that if you don't hold the pump handle all the way down, so lets say a little over half way, it will work just fine.

hope that sort of helps

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't had that problem with my 300, but on a couple of my other cars I have sometimes had it occur. I have found that adjusting the pump nozzle either slightly in or out of the fill tube and or side to side / tilting to direct the flow differently usually will stop the pump from auto shutting off. I think the pump pressure and the angle of the fill tube has something to do with it. :confused:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I used to have a similar problem with another car years ago.

Usually, I could fix the problem by rotating the pump nozzssle 90 degrees sideways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts