Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Gang,

As everyone here on the board knows, I took delivery of my new 'baby' (Base 300 sedan) on Monday, When I purchased the car, the gas gauge read a smidge below the "F" mark on the gauge. I ran the car till about 1/2 tank and decided to fill tank again. (I'm using the recommended 87 octane, as per the O.M.) The pump clicked off after I set it while I went in to get something to drink. I started up the car, and the gauge read the same thing when the car was delivered with a full tank of gas. Has anyone here, had this problem or is experiencing this same thing with their 300/Magnum? I talked to one of the sales consultants at the dealer and he said that it seems normal. I'm puzzled here... :confused: When I take the car in for the first oil change and after delivery adjustments, repairs etc. should I have the technicians check the gauge? Does anyone here think that something needs to be recalibrated? or will this wear-in as the car gets broken in? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys! (and gal's too!)

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

A very satisfied new owner of a 300 sedan in Delaware! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you should get it checked because when I fill mine up (89), the gauge goes all the way up to the 'F'..

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Mine reads full when it's full and that's as it should be... I say have it checked.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think with all of the advanced electronics in this car you should let it calibrate itself. My recomendation is to let it go all the way down to 'E' and let the light come on before you fill it up again. Then give the car a chance to 'fix' itself before you have the dealer rip into it (with potentially more problems as the result)

Just my $0.02

-Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem with my 300C. The speedo is also off by a bit over 5 mph. I posted this, but no-one had a clue how to calibrate or zero the gauges. As much as I paid for this car, there should be nothing annoying like this, so I'm taking it in to be looked at. Hopefully, it's just a quick reset.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah, after reading this I was noticing how my gauges looked. The speedo stop at zero and agrees exactly with the digital version in the EVIC diagnostic mode. The fuel gauge also appears to be on F after a fillup. I say you gots a calibration issue of some sort. I suggest they replace your gauge cluster with a new one. If they are like the 300M, they are plug and play, after a few screws and plastic trim removal of course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Service Manager said they had to order a cabin control module. I think that's the same as the body control unit on the LH. Part should be in next week, so I'll have to wait to see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Trust Black Hemi on the cautionary note regarding Dealer services...try some of the suggestions here on the board B4 turning your baby over to the 5-Star(less) repair crew.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Billy94Z said:
Oh yea and the owners manual recommends 89 not 87 octane
The recommended for a none hemi engine is 89 or 87.
My V6 always runs on 87 here in Canada with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 05 Magnum and even though the fuel gauge goes to full when I fill it up, it doesn't go past the F like on other cars I've owned and it moves off the F real fast. On many of my past cars, the gauge would usually move off the F after about 30 miles, but this cars gauge moves off the F within 10 miles, if not sooner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gas guage of revisted. Just had my 300c in for the first time and they did updates that did not work. My gas gauge still reads 3/4 full when topped off.

Any thoughts???
They did not fix my rough idle either (different subject I know.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Brian,

I had this same problem with my car, all they had to do is reflash the computer and drop the gas tank to replace something (which I forgot what it was called). They had my car in for 1 day, but what was also to fix some other problems/concerns. Hope this helps, and now my gauge goes all the way up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts