Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just noticed that a gas guzzler tax was added to the invoice of my dealership's SRT-8. $1,700 was tacked on.
The new price of a fully-loaded SRT-8 is now $45,285.
IF you have an '05 on order that is scheduled..... your dealership may be able to apply for "sold order protection" which protects against increases in pricing between ordering and delivery. Although, I'm sure there is some clause somewhere that means it won't work.....but worth a shot!
RT

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I'm actually not sure what a build-sheet is (never used that term) but basically the sheet that shows the car, options, msrp and invoice, ship-to dealer, etc.
RT

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Probably no protection. Sales are always: plus tax, title and license. A tax is a tax - they'll pass it on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always think of the tax as part of the price of the vehicle b/c of the invoice and window sticker, but you make a good point. There's probably no way around it.
RT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why can't they just put a decent 6 speed auto in the SRT-8 to help get rid of that gas guzzler tax? And of course they still market it as an under 40K car, when in essence it is an under $42K car!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Sadly this was predicted in the other GGT thread, there is no way the Feds are going to let this car get sold without the GGT just because it was ordered by a certain date. "If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is"

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
It's real simple. Have you ever ordered an item from Wendys' 99 cent value menu? Ever seen them advertise an item for 99 cents? Ever pay 99 cents?

Nope - you added the tax on top. A vendor's price is its price. What the government does to tax that price is outside the scope of any pricing or contract.

·
Registered
59 Posts
JMatt said:
It's real simple. Have you ever ordered an item from Wendys' 99 cent value menu? Ever seen them advertise an item for 99 cents? Ever pay 99 cents?

Nope - you added the tax on top. A vendor's price is its price. What the government does to tax that price is outside the scope of any pricing or contract.
I've paid $0.99.. in new hampshire... no sales tax.

:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
rt4 said:
Hey all,
Just noticed that a gas guzzler tax was added to the invoice of my dealership's SRT-8. $1,700 was tacked on.
The new price of a fully-loaded SRT-8 is now $45,285.
IF you have an '05 on order that is scheduled..... your dealership may be able to apply for "sold order protection" which protects against increases in pricing between ordering and delivery. Although, I'm sure there is some clause somewhere that means it won't work.....but worth a shot!
RT
Yea, the invoice I signed a couple of weeks ago had it, my price was 45,285. But my car is likely to be an 06, and he already gave me in writing that the only way my price will go up is if DC's MSRP goes up, in which I'll pay the new MSRP.

RT4, from your experience, what kind of jump should we expect on the MSRP from an 05 to an 06? I wouldn't think it could be too much, certainly less than 1K right?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Gas Guzzler added on my now '06 SRT8

Just got a confirm from my dealer that my '05 is now an '06 and it will have the GG tax bringing the Grand Total MSRP to just over $45k. Fortunately my guy still promises MSRP + $0, but I'll believe it when I get the keys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts