Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has GOT to be a first..4400 miles on the car...absolutely LOVE the car ..no problems..gettin compliments everywhere..and bam, the bracket connecting the gas pedal to the body of the car breaks..had to get it towed bc im not comfy driving with a gas pedal in my lap and wires dangling..this is lame..how much could it cost to make it out of steel instead of cheap plastic?? oh, and i took it to a dealer that is different from where i purchased the car...service was not impressive...

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
mag300cSTL, sounds to me like you have been hitting it too hard, using those horses? :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
10 years ago C&D bent the brake pedal on the POC Lotus Esprit, This is p!ss poor, MB's poor quality is dragging Chrysler down (which was pretty low to start with). I am not complaining, I call 'em as I see 'em. R&T had a c230 gear selector literally fall apart in thier hands. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
887 Posts
We are very sorry Mr. Mag300. But it has been determined, after extensive seconds of analysis, there is a problem with your gas pedal linkage associated with repeated hard pedal to floor usage. Upon further review, we have determined that because of the high horsepower of this vehicle, you may have become addicted to driving the car in ways that we do not condone. We also found traces of lead embedded in the plastic modulator cover, and in the carpet under the pedal, that, we suspect rubbed off from your right shoe. I have gone over this information with the decision makers, and we have determined your bill to repair the linkage will be $576.93 - plus tax...plus shop disposal fee of $25.95. We have arranged for a brand new rental car - Chevy Aveo - while this part is on backorder. ET is approximately 3 weeks (coincidentally, the same amount of time it will take to get through Hemi Withdrawl and for your right foot to cure)
Sincerely,
The 1 star service deparment at the dealer you did not buy your car from.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hahahahaha that was so touching!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
5point7 said:
We are very sorry Mr. Mag300. But it has been determined, after extensive seconds of analysis, there is a problem with your gas pedal linkage associated with repeated hard pedal to floor usage. Upon further review, we have determined that because of the high horsepower of this vehicle, you may have become addicted to driving the car in ways that we do not condone. We also found traces of lead embedded in the plastic modulator cover, and in the carpet under the pedal, that, we suspect rubbed off from your right shoe. I have gone over this information with the decision makers, and we have determined your bill to repair the linkage will be $576.93 - plus tax...plus shop disposal fee of $25.95. We have arranged for a brand new rental car - Chevy Aveo - while this part is on backorder. ET is approximately 3 weeks (coincidentally, the same amount of time it will take to get through Hemi Withdrawl and for your right foot to cure)
Sincerely,
The 1 star service deparment at the dealer you did not buy your car from.
LOL!! 5point 7, if you're looking to moonlight, you just may be offered a job as technical writer for DCX ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought my car from Glendale Chrysler..good people....i was upset with Disalvo yesterday but thank god, they busted their asses and got the part in from detroit and fixed it and im back in the C :) Kudos to the service/parts team at Disalvo and props to Chrysler for overnighting the part and taking care of me...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
10 years ago C&D bent the brake pedal on the POC Lotus Esprit, This is p!ss poor, MB's poor quality is dragging Chrysler down (which was pretty low to start with). I am not complaining, I call 'em as I see 'em. R&T had a c230 gear selector literally fall apart in thier hands. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
I think some leftover disgruntled Plymouth engineer designed the LX chassis gas pedal. :D

This pedal is like no other MBZ design, hence the reason the SRT-8 is the only SRT car without SRT aluminum drilled type pedals. The Crossfire, the SRT-10 and the SRT-4 have pedals similar to MBZ pedals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts