Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man , I don't know how much longer I can drive my car! I just paid $3.55/gal. I've seen signs for$3.69/gal. Whats everyone paying and where are you?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in Laval it is Quebec. The price here is in liter it is 1,36 $ a liter. A gallon is 4 liter so it is at 5.44 $ a gallon of 91 octane :scared: . My tank was a querter full and I fill it for 71$ . So a empty tank will be around 85 $ to 90 $ .:thumbsdow

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Illinois: passed 3.55 a while ago, we are lucky if it's 3.69/gal here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
:) Count yourselves lucky....

today at the pumps i will pay the equivalent of USD 8.86 per Gal

on a car that will cost approx 60K USD

Good EH??:pat:

·
Registered
379 Posts
It was $3.55 a few weeks ago, since then it's "dropped" to $3.25 for regular (87), usually around $3.35 for mid (89). I guess it's not as bad here as it is elsewhere. Still hurts to drive though...I went from about 12 miles/day going to work to 80 miles/day visiting my father in the hospital...it's starting to take it's toll...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here in Staten Island NY $3.69,if I didnt love my car so much I would leave it home and jump on a bus everyday!:biggrin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
$3.45 at a military post in DC. I'm thinking about taking the metro for my 6 mile commute but the train takes 45-1hr and driving is under 15 minutes.

I'd ride a bike but they haven't built one that can float across the Potomac.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Here in the Twin Cities, we are finding 92 octane for $3.50-3.60. Yesterday we were able to find 93 Octane for the bikes and it was $3.55. I am putting 92 octane in the SRT-8 with the Predator 91 tune. Works great.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have this nasty feeling in my gut that all this would not have happened had we kept our noses out of Iraq. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
My Chevron station charges 4 bucks for 89. It is still much cheaper than many countries, but hard to get used to. My car is my hobby, so I keep forking out the dough.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have this nasty feeling in my gut that all this would not have happened had we kept our noses out of Iraq...
Nope Iraq has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact the oil industry has little to do with it. The dollar is getting weaker and weaker because of our credit and banking problems and oil reflects that problem. Oil is sold by the American Dollar. As the dollar gets weaker it takes more of them to buy the same amount of oil. If the price didn't increase countries with different currencies (like the euro or british pound) would be able to glut oil for cheaper and cheaper.

It's our own fault, but strangely enough, the war isn't the cause. But I'm sure Big Oil is slipping in a few extra pennies of their own everytime the fuel price updates.

Another thing thats funny.(not really).. Congress tried to cap the price of oil but it petered out when they found that you can't cap a hemorrhaging dollar.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nope Iraq has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact the oil industry has little to do with it. The dollar is getting weaker and weaker because of our credit and banking problems and oil reflects that problem. Oil is sold by the American Dollar. As the dollar gets weaker it takes more of them to buy the same amount of oil. If the price didn't increase countries with different currencies (like the euro or british pound) would be able to glut oil for cheaper and cheaper.

It's our own fault, but strangely enough, the war isn't the cause.
The war did play a part, we borrowed large amounts of money from other countries to fund our expenses, this also put a huge hurt on the dollar but its doing wonders for the asian economy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, we borrowed huge amounts, but we would've sh*t in the financial bed anyway with shady banking even if we didn't ask for loans against our trade. Most of our corporations and tax base were dealing in "Dark Markets" (a term we'll probably start hearing more about this winter by my guess) which is basically when financial institutions bet against things like foreclosure. They lost their bets big time and it's all unregulated which means there's no safety net. Not only that, we started blowing cash long before the war when GWB took office and spent our tax surplus IMMEDIATELY when he took office, remember?

The big companies are scrambling now to save each other with the help of the Gov't.

For the little guy there was a huge sign that everyone ignored. Do you remember the Credit Abuse Prevention Act of 2005? It restructured bankruptcy for the average joe (making him still owe credit and mortgage companies even after going bankrupt) while allowing companies to still do the bankruptcy merry-go-round (like Donald Trump did during the 80's and 90's). The middle class in the U.S. is in deep do-do.

If you care at all check this out it's a 40 minute explainer of Dark Markets from NPR.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not to mention china and inda's new found need for more oil, more and more demand gobally has more to do with the prices than all above mentioned

·
Registered
648 Posts
I just paid 3.73 in southern Florida for 93 oct.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts