Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ALCON,
I had the dual gauge pillar post overlay but it never fit as tight as I'd like. I wanted a more flush appearance. So, I found another factory, driver side pillar at the salvage yard and used it for this project.

Tools:
Dremel Tool w/ a cutoff wheel
10mm and 12mm (for boost gauge tube)
JB Weld, Platstic
Tape (any kind)
Sandpaper (200 grit)

STEP 1: REMOVE THE PILLARS
Just pop the overlay off.
For the factory pillar, pop the bottom and middle out. The bottom piece has 2 fins that just sit down in 2 slots on the dash. The middle piece is a normal trim piece that just pops out. From there, you'll be ready for the top one which has a post with a "squeeze nut" that the pillar pops into.

This is that squeeze nut and post I was referring to.

STEP 2: REMOVE THAT SQUEEZE NUT PIECE SO YOU DON'T LOSE IT. WE WILL INSTALL IT AFTER WE ARE DONE.

STEP 3: CUT OFF THE FIRST FEW INCHES FROM THE TOP OF THE MOUNT. THEN, CUT AN INCH OR SO BELOW THE TOP MOUNT PIECE

NOW, YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS PIECE:

STEP 4: SAND OFF THE ROUGH EDGES. ALSO, SAND DOWN THE BACK OF THAT PIECE AND THE INSIDE OF THE PILLAR OVERLAY SO THE GLUE HAS SOMETHING TO BOND TO.

STEP 5: FIND OUT WHERE YOU NEED THE MOUNT TO BE.
1. You can tape it on and put it in the car to see if you need to make any adjustments.
2. Or, you can put the pieces together and mark where it should be.

(Here you can also see where I was going to use the middle clip but couldn't since there are 2 gauges and there's no room)

STEP 6: CHECK FOR PROPER PLACEMENT ONE MORE TIME

STEP 7: MIX UP YOUR JB WELD AND APPLY IT LIBERALLY.

STEP 8: GET THE SQUEEZE NUT AND PINCH IT ON THE LONG SIDES. THEN, PUSH IT BACK IN THE PILLAR WHERE IT CAME FROM.

STEP 9: START REINSTALL. START BY PUTTING THE LOWER CORNER IN FIRST. LIKE THIS:

STEP 10: REATTACH YOUR CONNECTIONS, TUBES, BULB, ETC TO YOUR GAUGES. MY VACUUM TUBE CALLED FOR A 12MM AND 10MM

STEP 11: LINE UP THE PIN YOU ATTACHED FROM THE BACK OF THE OVERLAY TO WHERE YOU PUSHED THAT SQUEEZE NUT IN. POP IT IN PLACE, CHECK FOR FITMENT.

GOOD TO GO!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts