Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there know of any aftermarket company,or if dcx has some steeper gears to put in rear end,like some 3.36's or so?!! Hey X-maybe you know somebody-please advise, Thank you!! :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
stang said:
Anybody out there know of any aftermarket company,or if dcx has some steeper gears to put in rear end,like some 3.36's or so?!! Hey X-maybe you know somebody-please advise, Thank you!! :cool:
stang,

Check out the gears that they put in the 3.5 and 2.7 cars. They will be probably what you want.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mspeasl said:
stang,

Check out the gears that they put in the 3.5 and 2.7 cars. They will be probably what you want.
Thank you,I guess I didn't realize they had the same type of reinforced rear end!! That makes me very happy!!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
stang said:
Thank you,I guess I didn't realize they had the same type of reinforced rear end!! That makes me very happy!!! :D
Are you being sarcastic???

Why would DC advertise the SRT-8 having a "reinforced rear" if the 2.7's have it too?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vvv90 said:
Are you being sarcastic???

Why would DC advertise the SRT-8 having a "reinforced rear" if the 2.7's have it too?
I'm not trying to be sacastic,I'm trying to learn if there is another option out there as far as gears are concerned that I could put in there!! How do you know the steeper gears in the lesser models wouldn,t work!! The rear end might be reinforced,but who knows,maybe the gears are the same,other than ratio. :)

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
stang said:
I'm not trying to be sacastic,I'm trying to learn if there is another option out there as far as gears are concerned that I could put in there!! How do you know the steeper gears in the lesser models wouldn,t work!! The rear end might be reinforced,but who knows,maybe the gears are the same,other than ratio. :)
No no no....I wasn't sayng the ring and pinion gears wouldn't work. I was just wondering about the comment about the 2.7's and SRT-8's having reinforced rear ends...Did someone tell you they did? :confused:

I think the reinforcement is in the carrier and axles anyway. The gears themselves are probably the same iron, but it's worth some research.

I do think the 3.90's would be too steep. On an auto I wouldn't do anything more than a 3.70.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vvv90 said:
No no no....I wasn't sayng the ring and pinion gears wouldn't work. I was just wondering about the comment about the 2.7's and SRT-8's having reinforced rear ends...Did someone tell you they did? :confused:

I think the reinforcement is in the carrier and axles anyway. The gears themselves are probably the same iron, but it's worth some research.

I do think the 3.90's would be too steep. On an auto I wouldn't do anything more than a 3.70.
I totally agree and I want a little better take off,and the 3.06's aren't going to cut it for me!!I know the cts-v's have 3.73 in them! How about some type of blower,that you would recommend putting on the stock srt-8 engine,or can't you do that without putting the engine or tranny in danger? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
stang said:
I totally agree and I want a little better take off,and the 3.06's aren't going to cut it for me!!I know the cts-v's have 3.73 in them! How about some type of blower,that you would recommend putting on the stock srt-8 engine,or can't you do that without putting the engine or tranny in danger? Thanks :)
We were just discussing this in another thread.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5146

Basically, if you have no experience turning wrenches and tuning a boosted car. Stay away.

You've been warned ;)

As far as the gear ratios keep in mind we have a taller first gear that compensates a little for the 3.06....Not that much, but still.

Also, The 6 speed in the CTS-V is 1:1 in 4rth just like ours....Typically automatics are 1:1 in 3rd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts