Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done those yet [subject]? This car seems to have extraordinary low gearing, I think a bigger stall/gear combo would really wake her up. Anyone know the specs of the stall for this car, and the exact gear ratio (I keep thinking it is 2.90, is that correct?).

I was thinking a 3.27-3.73 gear ratio would do the trick, not sure of the stall yet or if anyone even makes them yet :(

Thanks in advance!

-Todd

·
Registered
375 Posts
Gear ratio on the AWD's is 3.08, while stock C ratio is 2.82. I wonder if the SRT 8 has a different ratio? Talk was that something should be out after Sema? I agree a 3.2X ratio would wake this thing up BIG TIME. It's one mod I would do without hesitation.
Stall converter, now that a whole different animal. I doubt we will see anything anytime soon with that. This is a Daimler designed trans, and even with the 340hp, a 3k stall would be way too much for a daily driver IMO..let alone voiding your warranty. Don't know about you, but one of the reasons I bought this car was because Chrysler did not design the transmission!!
Gears yes -
Stall not for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5point7 said:
Gear ratio on the AWD's is 3.08, while stock C ratio is 2.82. I wonder if the SRT 8 has a different ratio? Talk was that something should be out after Sema? I agree a 3.2X ratio would wake this thing up BIG TIME. It's one mod I would do without hesitation.
Stall converter, now that a whole different animal. I doubt we will see anything anytime soon with that. This is a Daimler designed trans, and even with the 340hp, a 3k stall would be way too much for a daily driver IMO..let alone voiding your warranty. Don't know about you, but one of the reasons I bought this car was because Chrysler did not design the transmission!!
Gears yes -
Stall not for me.
If anything, I would think the SRT-8 would have a lower ratio to keep similar gas milage, reliable tranny and the engine will probably have enough low-end to make it work able.

2.82 though O_O
That is horrible, no wonder 2nd gear is sooooooooooooooo long.

-Todd

·
Registered
169 Posts
Guys/Gals,

My 96 Impala came with 3.08 gears. When I put in 3.73's it was like I had just removed 1K worth of weight. I had a hard time just keeping the tires from spining when I left a stop with the gas hammered. But Oh brother when it caught traction was it ever gone in a flash.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about gears? Looking at MB's webpage it looks as if all of the E and S class cars use the same gear setup with the exception of the 4-matic cars and the E320 gasoline model.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the SRT8 has a higher (numerical) axle than the C

the srt8 has a 3.08 rear end.the tranny gears are the same yes, but the gearing is lower for better performance...3.73's sound great, until its revvin out at 3 grand on the highway...good for a mustang beater, but not on a daily driver lux/sport car

the srt8 besides having NO MDS, has a bigger higher revving motor and given the gears above, makes it subject to the gas guzzler tax :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts