Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a while to decide on a grille but I finally settled on a chrome Grip ordered from Grip themselves. Got it delivered more than a month ago but was too scared to install it myself in case I fukced somethig up.

Anyway, thanks to rockhampton300c's thread last week, it gave me the confidence to give it a try. Otherwise, I would have taken some time off in the coming weeks to get a panel shop to do it.

There's a couple of imperfections with the chrome finish on the grille which I'll contact Grip Tuning with photo evidence. Other than that, I'm wrapped with the result. :biggrin:

Thanks again to rockhampton300c for his original thread, and with some further answers to my questions via PM. Much appreciated! :fing02:

Here's a few pics. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice job Slang, I'm liking the Grip's more & more.

I like the Supercharged Packard Bell sticking out of your hood too. Makes the silly thing in Jected's engine bay look lame :biggrin: :joke: !

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen LCD screens built into front bumpers on Pimp My Ride, but never under the bonnet!

It was easier than printing the "How To" thread!

The reaction to the grille from workmates has been amazing. Even the Mrs made a favourable comment about it once it was done. But she had a very puzzled look on her face when she came out to see the whole front on the ground!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
that looks sweet mate, nice work......one question but, how did you get out of the door when you parked it? LOL

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Yup :yup: I will join in with the group and say I like that grille too. Congratulations on a job well done.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I feel a bit guilty, but the GRIP is not my choice. I have the Bentley style grill like Wog 8oy (I can read number plates :biggrin: ) and I think it's the best.

At the end of the day it is up to the owner to make their own choice and be happy with it :grouphug:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I feel a bit guilty, but the GRIP is not my choice. I have the Bentley style grill like Wog 8oy (I can read number plates :biggrin: ) and I think it's the best.

At the end of the day it is up to the owner to make their own choice and be happy with it :grouphug:
Nothing to feel guilty about. I just know that for me, the Bentley grille is too prolific so when I saw the chrome Grip, I knew it was the one.

Thanks to those with the compliments.

And Wog Boy, i had to suck 'em in big time to get out of the car!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of my suppliers told me he'd seen plenty of 300C's on the road but never one with a grille like mine.....funny that!

Keep looking I told him. :biggrin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
looks good man, I would be interested to know how many of our fellow aussies have the grip grill??

p.s. any drama's with the install

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Any dramas? Just a few minor issues.

I installed the grille, then thought about attaching the mesh....off came the grille!

Then it took me a long while to snip the mesh to size. I just had little snips, one snip at a time was slow!

Then the "one way" clips to hold the mesh onto the back of the grille.....I wish it was obvious which was was the "one way". Once I worked that out, they were bastards to get onto the plastic tabs to hold the mesh down. Too small, sharp, aaarrgghhhh!

And then I was racing against darkness so I rushed the mesh install down next to the foglights. Not secured good enough for my liking. But, I will fix it one day.

All I need is some more mesh to do the slots under the number plate. The mesh supplied was not sufficient despite being told it would be. Oh well, will have to order more....from the US!

Apart from that the "How-To" thread showing the fascia removal was fanstatstic. Slightly different locations and qty of underside screws/bolts but easy to work out.

Thanks again rocky!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts