Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I'm not a 100% sure, but I think you can get this done at the dealer. Most dealers won't do this for you though. It's good if you know someone that can do it for you there. I think the "flash" your system with a star scan.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The only other way to do it is re-wire your fogs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update:

I asked my dealer to do this and their response was "we've never done that before its highly illegal, toooo much light."

hmmm Ok plan B....

·
Registered
683 Posts
ask them to show you the law where it says that? I don't see what the problem is, I mean you aren't going to be driving with your brights on when there is oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just an update:

I asked my dealer to do this and their response was "we've never done that before its highly illegal, toooo much light."

hmmm Ok plan B....
Re-wire them. I had aftermarket fogs and for various reasons, I wired them to the switch that came with them. Because that circuit was independent of my high beams, I used to have them both on. Using the same concept, I would use a relay with the turn on being the parking lamps and let the positive end be factory switch for the fogs. I believe that would work...........but now that I think about it, I don't know if the foglight would light up on the cluster. You might have to experiment with that. If you pull the fog light fuse and the cluster doesn't work, I would say no.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re-wire them. I had aftermarket fogs and for various reasons, I wired them to the switch that came with them. Because that circuit was independent of my high beams, I used to have them both on. Using the same concept, I would use a relay with the turn on being the parking lamps and let the positive end be factory switch for the fogs. I believe that would work...........but now that I think about it, I don't know if the foglight would light up on the cluster. You might have to experiment with that. If you pull the fog light fuse and the cluster doesn't work, I would say no.
i may try that but i have found that ANY rewiring of this car causes all kinds of problems due to everything being computer driven.

·
Registered
979 Posts
well i have had plenty of dealer experience.. I added nav to my car and because i did this when i get surrius radio the evic said no signal, it should show the station.. Anyway called my dealer said i have to call sirrius.. how the heck are they going to enable a function on my car, beam signals at the cars computer? So i called dealer two and said this is impossible starscan does not have this function and each nav radio is serial numbered to the car.. not true but i argued for 5 minutes and go nowhere. On to another dealer this time drive out there.. So i go to this dealer tell him the situation he says hes unsure but why not lets try it we plug it in wollah tells the computer i have sirius and boom fixed, the cool thing is noo charge it was something he learned and didnt care it was only 20 minutes of his time.. So lesson learned move onto the next dealer! keep trying until one will help you,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts