Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My neverending annoyance after installing my cutouts continues (nothing to do with the cutouts themselves, just stupid installation problem after stupid problem).

Now i am getting a couple of CELs. P2098 and P0157. If i reset them with the Predator, the P2098 one usually comes back within 10 minutes, the P0157 takes a bit longer to come back, but they always come back. My guess is that these are caused by my cutouts, but i dont have them open THAT often. One of the LXF guys suggested I check the O2 sensor in question, which is the rear one on the drivers side. Anyone have any other ideas? Also, can I get to this O2 sensor with just the car up on ramps backwards? I have been tryin to find it in the service manual, but i cant find mention of WHERE the O2 sensors are anywhere. Thanks guys.

EDIT: I probably should have put this in the problems area, but I cant seem to delete it.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
pull 'em

Each cat has one O2 sensor just in front of it and another just behind it. The car compares the two to determine catalyst efficiency. You distorted the flow badly with your cutout installation and thus will throw codes for eternity.

You can disable the rear sensors with the Diablo as one solution.

You can try some of the aftermarket add ons for this problem. I doubt they'll be effective.

You can replace them. This is also unlikely to help. But at least check out their wiring and make sure it is FLAWLESS.

You can pull and replace them easily from under the car, but odds are they will quickly reset the code.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, thats great information. I didnt know you could turn off the rear o2s with the predator. and p0157 indicates a rear o2 on the drivers side, so maybe disabling them will take care of it. Ill try that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was really hoping that would work, i turned them off, but im still getting P0157. I probably should check the sensors and wires now. The guy at my dealer is cool with mods, to a point, maybe he can push this through.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update anyone who may have a similar situation, the problem was not caused by my cutouts. The dealer called today and said trans fluid was leaking on on the O2 sensor, and caused the problem. There is a redesigned O-ring that will stop this from happening.

Im still confused as to why turning off the rear sensors didnt fix this, but who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts