Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Boyd Coddington Jr., Boyd Coddington Seniors eldest son. I am no longer affiliated with Boyd Coddington’s Garage or Boyd Coddington Wheels. I was a 50/50 partner with my dad in both the hot rod shop and the wheel shop up until 2 years ago when at that time, I sold my half of my business to my dad and if you watch American Hot Rod, there is no need for me to explain why I decided to sell out my half of the business.

After I sold the business, I went to work for Weld Wheels in Kansas City, MO. I have known Greg Weld for about 15 years and I had always admired his contribution to the aftermarket wheel industry. knowing I could have gone to work for anyone in the industry, I had been watching Weld as a competitor for years and knew, they were pioneering now, what would be the future of the entire aftermarket wheel industry.*

Enough said. On to the good stuff...I am currently building a new 300 SRT-8 and I am looking forward to getting the various members of this forum to comment as the buid progresses. I will be providing tech and build photos every so often. I look forward to hearing from you.

Boyd Coddington

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
boydcoddington said:
I am currently building a new 300 SRT-8 and I am looking forward to getting the various members of this forum to comment as the buid progresses. I will be providing tech and build photos every so often. I look forward to hearing from you.

Boyd Coddington
Welcome to "The Family"..
Those wheels look great ! BAM !!

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Welcome to the greatest bunch of Chrysler enthusiasts around!! Many walks of life here from all over the world..... If you want opinions for your build, you came to the right place. We'll be glad to share in your experience, also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad U'r Here

Nice to see ya In a SRT8, that's Awesome, will look forward to seeing what kind of products you produce that we can use on the SRT8, Strong/Very light weight/ Yet Stylin Jr Style.

Enjoy your New Venture, isn't life Great.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Welcome to the group Boyd. I followed the 'American Hot Rod' series when it was on and I actually enjoyed all of the drama and emotional interaction. I'm sure working for my own dad wouldn't have been much fun either, as it was tough enough just being the eldest son who bared his first name as well. I cringe every time I watch OCC, just waiting for Paulie to get demoralized in public once again. :eek:uch: Have you got any idea of when your dad's new shows might be airing...if at all?

Again, welcome, and please do post your tech and build photos, as well as anything else which may be of interest to this captive audience of devote automotive enthusiasts. :wink1:

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Welcome bc!
I used to see your Dad fairly often at various street rod shows over the years, but not so much lately.
Only saw him once last year at GoodGuys Del Mar in April; we were staying at the same hotel. But yeah, on to the good stuff for meee too!

Kudos to you for going out and following your own dream... and lucky us to have you join the board.
Thanks for sharing your project with us, it will be fun to watch it progress.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I had been watching Weld as a competitor for years and knew, thpioneering now, what would be the future of the entire aftermarket wheel industry.*
ey were
Enough said. On to the good stuff...I am currently building a new 300 SRT-8 and I am looking forward to getting the various members of this forum to comment as the buid progresses. I will be providing tech and build photos every so often. I look forward to hearing from you.

Boyd Coddington
[/QUOTE]
Great to have you here on this forum, what a honer to have a celebrity like you and picking the best car to work on. BTW those wheels look a lot like my MC2-RT6's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glad to have you here. I have to say I love watching people go crazy with their cars. Now if I could only convince my wife that it was something I "Had" to do :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome Boyd!

Welcome Boyd! This is the coolest place and we're like family here. Ask what questions you will, I can guarantee almost all your questions have already been asked and answered so try searching first. I always get more than I asked for when I do that myself. If you can't find it, we'll be more than happy to help. If you're the first with a problem, share it!! If it's something silly, we'll just point fingers and laugh.....

Welcome to the family, Boyd!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boyd Coddington SRT-8

I appreciate all of the warm welcomes! Regardless of what any of the builders out there say, including the big name ones, some of the best advice and/or ideas for any project car comes from the true enthusiasts and that's why I wanted to get the 300C up on this site with the greatest bunch of Chrysler enthusiasts around.

To touch on what Big Bob said about the wheels resembling the MC2 wheels, I am familiar with the MC2 mesh wheels and it sounds like Big Bob has good taste. I designed the EVO BC10 wheels around some of the older mesh styles that have been on the market for years to give it that "look" and as you all know, the Chrysler SRT-8 is being built with some of the best OE suspension on the market today. I wanted to give this project car a kind of European tuner meets American muscle feel. Outside of lowering this car, I'm not going to have to touch the suspension at all.

Thanks again!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
boydcoddington said:
I appreciate all of the warm welcomes! Regardless of what any of the builders out there say, including the big name ones, some of the best advice and/or ideas for any project car comes from the true enthusiasts and that's why I wanted to get the 300C up on this site with the greatest bunch of Chrysler enthusiasts around.

To touch on what Big Bob said about the wheels resembling the MC2 wheels, I am familiar with the MC2 mesh wheels and it sounds like Big Bob has good taste. I designed the EVO BC10 wheels around some of the older mesh styles that have been on the market for years to give it that "look" and as you all know, the Chrysler SRT-8 is being built with some of the best OE suspension on the market today. I wanted to give this project car a kind of European tuner meets American muscle feel. Outside of lowering this car, I'm not going to have to touch the suspension at all.

Thanks again!
Boyd, 10-4 on the suspension. I've had the 300C out on a circuit track twice this summer. The torsional rigidity of the unibody is unbelievably strong. I agree with you about the suspension design. The weight of the car coupled with the traction/yaw management and large discs really needs a very light wheel with good cooling properties.

I like the open design you showed in this post. Very classic track design!

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
tried that myself

deepest sympathies about the family crap, I couldn't do it either! You will be much happier on your own.

Great to have ya!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVd
waiting for software

·
Registered
138 Posts
it aint easy working with dad . me and mine are to mutch alike.also you gotta go to make the dough!!! I started my own building company years ago. Im alot sainer now.As for the srt8 im getting mine back from HPC next week or so and am still not sure if i will customise the outside or not. its a beutifull car already! I always wanted a sports car but im 6'5" tall and 280# so when i saw the srt8 i new this was the one.good luck with yours . cant wait to see . MICHAEL

·
Registered
227 Posts
Boyd,
Welcome aboard !! You couldn't fit in with a better crowd anywhere.I went with severe "modding from the mid 60's -mid 70's , and am just getting back to it after retirement and this is uniquely the car of choice in which to salivate on acheivements.Family problems aside,your individuallity can only help out what I perceive to be the best Forum around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very Kewl you signed up, welcome and thanks,,,

Just saw your last post explaining hub centric importance, lugnuts Only holds the wheels on,,,it would be a better world if everyone understood this. :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts