Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Tha187um said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the vehicles GM plans to add V-8's to, are all front drivers. The engineering just doesn't work for more than 270 hp. Large V-8 = HP & Torque. Needs car with steering at front; drive wheels at rear.

Simple, but the General just doesn't get it. Or is this another band-aid solution, while they play catch-up?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
i dont really know if the honda look really suits the chevy v8 but .... if you got gm stock .......SELL...SELL ..SELL !!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Huh??

Northern Rider said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the vehicles GM plans to add V-8's to, are all front drivers. The engineering just doesn't work for more than 270 hp. Large V-8 = HP & Torque. Needs car with steering at front; drive wheels at rear.

Simple, but the General just doesn't get it. Or is this another band-aid solution, while they play catch-up?

Northstars were putting out 300 to the front.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
jjs said:
Northstars were putting out 300 to the front.
Yes they did. I had an Olds Aurora with the Northstar V-8. They restricted torque and it still had torque steer. More significantly, it became unstable and unpredictable under certain braking / steering maneuvers. A scary ride at times.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Yes they did. I had an Olds Aurora with the Northstar V-8. They restricted torque and it still had torque steer. More significantly, it became unstable and unpredictable under certain braking / steering maneuvers. A scary ride at times.
Perhaps the Olds was configured differently, or had different tire/wheel selections...

over the past 4 years I have known 3 people with STS's (one still has it) and I had driven 2 of them (hard)...didn't notice what you had experienced.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Australians have always preferred RWD and our top sellers are locally designed and built Fords and Holdens (GM). As a consequence, and as reported in the local media here, GM Australia is regarded as the RWD global centre of competence which GM plans to utilise to start returning RWD platforms to their North American and European markets. GM has already taken our Monaro and made it the GTO for the US market.

Northern Rider, I reckon you are right, GM over there is just using Band-aids until they get the new Aussie designed RWD platform finalised for release in '06.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts