Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided that being on a budget sucks! Anyway, one of the cheaper mods I can do is to paint my brake calipers. I ordered some nice Chrysler decals in black, and have decided on getting the G2 kit in orange.

But - there is a problem: I don't want these to look like I just popped my wheels off and slapped some paint on them. I want them to look like Chrysler could have done it from the factory. I know for this I will need to sand/prep quite a bit and take the calipers off the rotors to get an even coating.

Can someone help me with what I need to take the calipers off and how to do it? I have a 1/2" torque wrench and a 21mm socket for the wheels, but what else am I going to need? The absolute last thing I need is my brakes coming off on the highway:pat: so any assistance is appreciated.

From what I understand, the wheels come off, then take the guide pins out of the calipers, support them, paint them, put the pads etc back in, lube the pins (what kind though?), put them back in and then put the wheels back on right?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link - that might help a bit. I am just concerned with mucking something up. I guess I could ask at AutoZone what kind of lube those guide pins need...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts