Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I wrote another post in this section in regards to not being able to spin my tires off the line and, after much input, decided to take the car to a shop nearby for a chassis dyno test. I've never used a chassis dyno before and wondered if you guys knew what I should expect from the experience?

1) What am I getting myself into (what will they need me to do)?
2) What is the best way to get an accurate number - ESP off and Autostick through the gears?
3) Will my performance at shifting affect my numbers?
4) Most Importantly - What kind of numbers should I expect in the normal range?

Car is a stock 2006 300C with 45K kms. No mods.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Note - The cost here is $100.00 per hour. Estimate is 1 hour of time, 3 pulls.

·
Registered
903 Posts
To make it worth it get the diablo and dial it in on that dyno. I picked up 40 rwhp on my srt8 dialing it in. I don't know how the Cs are, but try baseline then add 10% fuel, 13% fuel and see if your hp goes up or down from the 10% and adjust.
As a quick explanation on the diablo after you plug it in to your car-go to performance tune-modify performance tune-WOT fuel-adjust up +10%.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello All,

I wrote another post in this section in regards to not being able to spin my tires off the line and, after much input, decided to take the car to a shop nearby for a chassis dyno test. I've never used a chassis dyno before and wondered if you guys knew what I should expect from the experience?

1) What am I getting myself into (what will they need me to do)?
2) What is the best way to get an accurate number - ESP off and Autostick through the gears?
3) Will my performance at shifting affect my numbers?
4) Most Importantly - What kind of numbers should I expect in the normal range?

Car is a stock 2006 300C with 45K kms. No mods.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Note - The cost here is $100.00 per hour. Estimate is 1 hour of time, 3 pulls.
will you actually be the one running the car on the dyno? if so thats cool, you will enjoy the experience. what brand dyno is it?

turn off the traction control (ESP) and auto-stick up to 3rd. you will need to play with it a bit to see where you will have to start your run. too low in the rpm and it will try and shift. when you are done making your run, DO NOT use the brakes on the vehicle to slow the dyno. use the dyno's brakes.

topfuel, what brand dyno did you make those gains on? and what kind of cool down procedures did you use in between runs? also, did you record any of the OBDII data? i would be curious to see what kind of timing and IAT's you had on your base runs and then on your final "tuned" runs.

·
Registered
903 Posts
will you actually be the one running the car on the dyno? if so thats cool, you will enjoy the experience. what brand dyno is it?

turn off the traction control (ESP) and auto-stick up to 3rd. you will need to play with it a bit to see where you will have to start your run. too low in the rpm and it will try and shift. when you are done making your run, DO NOT use the brakes on the vehicle to slow the dyno. use the dyno's brakes.

topfuel, what brand dyno did you make those gains on? and what kind of cool down procedures did you use in between runs? also, did you record any of the OBDII data? i would be curious to see what kind of timing and IAT's you had on your base runs and then on your final "tuned" runs.
It was a dynojet. Here's my dyno sheet (I love posting it!). I only had the K&N typhoon at the time and a 180 tstat. Since then I've switched to a AFE 2 and added a corsa exhaust. The guy let it cool about 15 minutes between runs. He didn't have the hook ups to record the obdII data. I really wanted that. I did do my own data logs before and after though. I was getting a lot of KR before the dyno on the canned tunes. 3-4 points at low rpm up to 11 at WOT. I added about 5% fuel and it didn't help. After the dyno my KR was down to .5. I added the exhaust and AFE and my KR went up to 4-7. I've added more fuel and now my KR is back to .5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It was a dynojet. Here's my dyno sheet (I love posting it!). I only had the K&N typhoon at the time and a 180 tstat. Since then I've switched to a AFE 2 and added a corsa exhaust. The guy let it cool about 15 minutes between runs. He didn't have the hook ups to record the obdII data. I really wanted that. I did do my own data logs before and after though. I was getting a lot of KR before the dyno on the canned tunes. 3-4 points at low rpm up to 11 at WOT. I added about 5% fuel and it didn't help. After the dyno my KR was down to .5. I added the exhaust and AFE and my KR went up to 4-7. I've added more fuel and now my KR is back to .5.
thats impressive man. and i am glad to see it was all done on a Dynojet:fing02:. would have liked to see that graph scaled right and in SAE, but very impressive none the less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts