Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2 front 6x9s are a pair of Infinity KAPPA60.5CS. 2-90w rms, 270w peak.

The 2 back 6x9s are a pair of Infinity KAPPA693.5I. 2-110w rms, 330w peak.

What's a good amp to push these babies to optimum performance? I want all 4 speakers on 1 amp. Thnx.

btw, 1st thread in the audio/alarms/nav forum, 0wneD!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Play on Playa said:

What's a good amp to push these babies to optimum performance? I want all 4 speakers on 1 amp. Thnx.

I would go with a 50x4 rms with a bulit in high/low pass filter (only if you are running subs with your system ).

Rmedina

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Play on Playa said:

If you want peak performance, choose an amp you've heard of with good rms power. I suggest a 4-ch amp of around 75 watts rms per channel. That way you have ample headroom for less distortion.
You can't go wrong with either JL Audio, Diamond Audio, Eclipse, MB Quart, Alpine, Kicker, JBL or many others.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
kidcoastal said:
Wes, your thoughts on Hifonics?
I'm not Wes, but avoid at all costs. Old Hifonics equipment from the 90s may have had a decent reputation, but their newer stuff is simply "OK for the money." If you can afford better, by all means do so. I hate my Hifonics amp and wish I had never listened to the people that recommended it.

I can give details as to why, but it gets me heated :p

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What about the JL Audio 300/4? Its rated at 75 W RMS x 4 @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm I think it should be fine for your speakers.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
kidcoastal said:
Wes, your thoughts on Hifonics?
Old school HiFonics was made by ZED Audio. The wife of the owner caught her husband...enough said. She took the company, sold it to Pyramid and walla, now you have the new HiFonics. They say it's improved since then but not by much.
PS. A good amp should run about $1 per watt give or take. It's just not possible to build a "quality" amp for much less than that. Remember, anyone can put whatever they want on the outside of an amp. IE: 1000 watts total power, etc...
But count the fuses amperage, multiply by the cars voltage(12.5 or so) and you get the maximum watts.
Hope this helps, Wes

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have an old HiFonics amp that was from the 90s and it works great for a sub, but I wouldn't use them for much more than that.. It's actually a Crunch and it's only driving one 12" sub in a sealed box, but it does a great job! Give it 4gauge wire and a cap and it adds just enough bass and fills the low end.. I wasn't looking for real loud, just a nice clean filler... But I have heard that the new HiFonics stuff just isn't what it used to be....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wesexcellence said:
If you want peak performance, choose an amp you've heard of with good rms power. I suggest a 4-ch amp of around 75 watts rms per channel. That way you have ample headroom for less distortion.
You can't go wrong with either JL Audio, Diamond Audio, Eclipse, MB Quart, Alpine, Kicker, JBL or many others.
Hey Wes, how about an amp that pushes 100w rms x 4 ch? Or too much?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No doubt, good looks for the info.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I would agree with Wes on the power. One thing to remember is that now matter how much power you have, you should never go past ¾ volume. Past that you are getting distortion, which will kill speakers no matter what they are rated at. It is better to have too much power than too little.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
bigwise1 said:
zapco :) has my vote.
The problem is that Zapco has had problems w/ warranties. We have had customers from out west who say that you could build your own amp in the time it takes for a Zapco to get warrantied.
I would strongly advise to go with a company which is easy to work with. The headaches just aren't worth it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
wesexcellence said:
The problem is that Zapco has had problems w/ warranties. We have had customers from out west who say that you could build your own amp in the time it takes for a Zapco to get warrantied.
I would strongly advise to go with a company which is easy to work with. The headaches just aren't worth it.
I never thought about that for you east coast guys. Guess I took it for granted that I live 90 minutes away from Zapco :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts