Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this site is moving to Google cloud, which means everything you do and say will be tracked. This might be my last post as I want nothing to do with Google. It is spyware, and probably the forerunner of the infamous fictional Skynet in the Terminator movies. Nothing will be safe on this site anymore.

·
Registered
458 Posts
OUCH!
I can fully understand that, as I am the same way when it comes to Google and their blatant tracking of everyone.
I may end up spending more time over at the Chrysler forum then, and hope they do not do the same.
I root android phones, just so that I can get the Google Chrome spyware off of the phone. (and facebook messenger.)

This sucks, I just got here, too.

·
Administrator
23,435 Posts
I'm moving this thread into the site problems area as I really don't know much about this Google issue. Hopefully someone from VerticalScope/AutoGuide will be able comment on this.

Bernie

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
There is a thread in the Moderator/Admin section, Rambit. It might be worth some questions or two sent to them on the matter.

·
Administrator
23,435 Posts
Hey thanks Michael! I guess it's a go this week sometime. Still not sure what the implications are other than it's supposed to be more stable.

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
That sucks.
I might stop back from time to time, but I want as little to do with Google as possible.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
You're welcome, Bernie.

There won't be a requirement for members here to sign up with Google to access the forum.

The site hosting, server and server support functions including data analytics, server CPU analysis, networking, data warehouse, site management tools, etc...will be provided by Google Cloud Services under contract to AutoGuide.com, the site owner.

I expect a move from VBulletin to Xenforo software may happen sometime in our future.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can live with that.
I just refuse to use Google drive, and on devices I root them, and shut down all of their tracking.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Guys, your digital footprint is all over the internet whether you use google or not. Its everywhere. Do you use Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and the list goes on? Unless you are a hermit, your ‘stuff’ is out there and there is nothing you can do to slow it down or stop it short of detaching from the internet entirely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
23,435 Posts
Yep and even Mark Suckerberg had his stuff hacked.

Bernie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts