Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it's about time the beast got a good trip out so headed southwest.

Pulled up behind a 57 plate black tourer on the M4 westbound. Flashed a few times, passed and waved. Took the long route down via Plymouth, Looe and St Austell ending up in Hayle. Back up via Port Isaac and Boscastle (doing my bit for the local economy in purchasing some fat boy pasties).

The flies yesterday evening were encrusted over the front (ended up buying some autoglym glass polish in Plymouth).

anyhow,

enough waffling. The weather was fantastic. hope you enjoy the picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
....................and no better part of the country for a drive than Cornwall

:fing02:

Stef

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Agreed Stefan, as you know, I lived in Cornwall for a long time, and it is a great place for a drive, BMEWS, that picture looks like Port Isaac ? Am I right ?

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Certainly does look like it, the top car park by the hotels. Quite a funny place to go and visit since the series of Doc Martin was filmed there (they did have some dodgy accents in that though).

A bit further down the coast on the same side around St. Just is my favourite area, especially around the Crown Engine Houses!

But of course, being a true Truronian, I love the City of Truro most.

Stef

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed Stefan, as you know, I lived in Cornwall for a long time, and it is a great place for a drive, BMEWS, that picture looks like Port Isaac ? Am I right ?
it is indeed young fella me lad. And busy it was too. Lots of emmets looking for the filming locations (though I believe most of the series is filmed in March).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly does look like it, the top car park by the hotels. Quite a funny place to go and visit since the series of Doc Martin was filmed there (they did have some dodgy accents in that though).

A bit further down the coast on the same side around St. Just is my favourite area, especially around the Crown Engine Houses!

But of course, being a true Truronian, I love the City of Truro most.

Stef
good to see that Kernow nationalistic pride in that flag of yours :) I have so many fav areas though anything with a sea breeze is nice and I have to admit to rather liking the windfarms especially alongside the A30.

Fatboy Cream Tea anyone?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you can call me Sherlock, I visit most seaside towns every week in Devon, Somerset and Cornwall as I sell buckets and spades, which means I get to drive my 'c' around these beautiful places every week

bad job eh!!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Your trip sounds relaxing, and the picture is a nice one both foreground and background.

One of these years I want to see such sights for myself (and my wife)!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your trip sounds relaxing, and the picture is a nice one both foreground and background.

One of these years I want to see such sights for myself (and my wife)!

Thanks for the kind comments Tim,

The car is pure stock (no changes whatsoever, and an oil burner to boot) she behaved impecibly the whole time. Really interesting taking her through the narrow cornish roads. She caused quite a few looks and one lady shouted "nice car" at me through the window (of course I had to say thank you).

It was a 500 mile round trip which cost about £70.00 in fuel. Now if only the SAT Nav was of better quality or customisation (especially newer roads and speed cameras of which there are plenty in the UK), then would be a nice system. However, I've still how to figure out some of the idiosynchrosies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts