Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and haven't found anything on this forum about a suitable replacement for the OEM Contis.

I searched tirerack, but came away empty handed.

Is there a tire out there that is quieter, lasts longer, handles better, and has decent all-weather traction?? Or am I daydreaming?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Seems like the selection is VERY LIMITED.

AFter some searching there is a Pirelli in the stock 22560R18 size, but reviews on Tire Rack are horrible.

These sizes have the same diameter, but I don't know about any width issues with rims or rubbing.

225-60-R18
245-55-R18
265-50-R18
295-45-R18

Virtually nothing available in those size except Goodyear F1 in the 295. Not the tire for our car.

Michelin has nothing even close. I sure hope they come up with something by the time I need tires. I DO NOT want to buy the Contis again.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Yes, tire choices are limited right now. If I had to replace my tires today I would go for the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS model in size 245/55/18.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I in fact just orderd the BF Goodrich tires at 245/55/18 and they shoud be here any day now so ill keep you posted on how they look and respond to the car. as for the fitment and the tire diameter it is out by something like .14% wich is IMO tollerable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
New Tire Replacement for Stock Rimn 18

ChromeTailfins said:
I've done a search and haven't found anything on this forum about a suitable replacement for the OEM Contis.

I searched tirerack, but came away empty handed.

Is there a tire out there that is quieter, lasts longer, handles better, and has decent all-weather traction?? Or am I daydreaming?
Yokohamas now has tire replacement for the contis:pat:

·
Registered
368 Posts
ChromeTailfins, I replaced my OEM Conti's, which sucked by the way, with some Goodyear Comfortreds. Personally I think that these tires are great. I immediately felt the difference in the handling and sound. Not to mention that they come with an 80,000 mile guarantee from Goodyear. They come in the standard 225/60R18. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ChromeTailfins said:
Would a lower profile screw up the speedometer/odometer or the ESP system?
Depends also on the width. A different tire diameter will effect the speedometer/odometer but the Flashpaq can fix that :) 225/60-18 and 245/55-18 are the same diameter where as the 255/55-18 is a bit bigger and the 255/50-18 is a bit smaller. Also, 255 is the widest I would go with the stock rims.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Huh?

Do you guys know how to use the search?

I do, and I found tons of threads talking about this very topic. And now I am riding on stock size Goodyear Assurance Comfortreads.

Outstanding ride and noise and they have an 80K mile warranty.

Got them at tire rack for $105 after discount and had discount tire mount, sipe, and road force balance them. Then went to NTB and actually got a good alignment.

Very happy.

You know they are much better riding when you go over the lane pucks. The Conti's were harsh over them, now the car glides over them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts