Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post the last Dyno pull of my 426 Stroker running about 5lbs of boost. Interesting to watch how quick it runs from the 70 / 80 mph to over 175 mph, at just over 6,000 rpm. [nomedia]http://youtu.be/iWZM4sxTNjg[/nomedia]

I say interesting because the next day when the heads were pulled off it turned out all my pistons were mushroomed and the block was cracked.

Hope to get it back from SpankinTime in the next week or two with a new 440 (438CI) stroker (balanced and blueprinted) running 9 or 10 lbs boost. I'll post more specs when I pick it.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Sounds like its just going to be bigger and better, glad there is an upside.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just thought I'd post the last Dyno pull of my 426 Stroker running about 5lbs of boost. Interesting to watch how quick it runs from the 70 / 80 mph to over 175 mph, at just over 6,000 rpm. http://youtu.be/iWZM4sxTNjg

I say interesting because the next day when the heads were pulled off it turned out all my pistons were mushroomed and the block was cracked.

Hope to get it back from SpankinTime in the next week or two with a new 440 (438CI) stroker (balanced and blueprinted) running 9 or 10 lbs boost. I'll post more specs when I pick it.
Can they fix the crack or will you have to have a new block? What CI will it be before stroking?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can they fix the crack or will you have to have a new block? What CI will it be before stroking?
I had to have Dartin Racing sleeves installed to repair the block; that's why I took it from a 426 stroker to 440 (438ci) My crank and rods were reusable (well the rods had to be rebalanced) and Adam at SpankingTime recommended and installed Diamond Billet racing pistons.

Picking it up tomorrow, but the next 1,000 miles are all break in miles so no fun at all. I'll have it back to SpankingTime once its broken in and Adam will put a nice tune on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts