Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am on my second set of tires at 31K, and from what I understand of the stock Goodyear F1's, that is pretty good. My problem is that both sets have an unusal wear to both front tires. The inner half of the tire has little wear, while the outer half of the tire has very little thread left. This is occurring on both front tires. In fact, I was given alittle off the second set because Goodyear agreed it was a defect in the tires? That is hard to believe, now that I see a second set wearing the same way. :yuck:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am on my second set of tires at 31K, and from what I understand of the stock Goodyear F1's, that is pretty good. My problem is that both sets have an unusal wear to both front tires. The inner half of the tire has little wear, while the outer half of the tire has very little thread left. This is occurring on both front tires. In fact, I was given alittle off the second set because Goodyear agreed it was a defect in the tires? That is hard to believe, now that I see a second set wearing the same way. :yuck:
i have a similar problem right now. i went to the dealership because these tires only have 12k miles on them. the cord is starting to show on the outer edge. I had the car in this spring for an alignment and wheel balance. the dealer found the tie rod was bad and replaced under warrenty. When i got my car back, i had told them not to rotate the tires because i rotated them myself when i put the tires back on, i had winter tires on previously, the dealership had the rear tires on the front and the fronts on the rear. I informed them and they quickly changed them back. They questioned me if i had put the wider tires on, told them that is the tires that came with the car when i bought it from them. About 2 weeks after the work was done, the car went out of alignment again, the steering wheel wasn't straight. I told the dealership that i wasn't happy with their work and now my front tires are worn out with cords starting to show.
They called Goodyear and Goodyear is replacing the tires at a deep discount to me. They say the tires are $280 each, and they are going to charge me $95 each. I'm still not happy, but obviously need new tires in the front. Can't beat $95 each for tires, so dealership is ordering them. They are also mouning and balancing them for free and redoing the alignment for free also. Hope they get this right this time and set the camber properly. have attached a few pics of what my tires look like also.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like we have the same problem. I was also given the same discount from Goodyear on my second set. Back then I was told must be a defect in the tires. Doesn't make sense now that I see the second set of tires wearing the same way....I am stopping by the dealership today to discuss this with them, but I will surprised if I make any head way. Will keep you posted on what they say.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Every SRT8 I have seen (my Charger, Magnums, yours) have this same tire wear issue on the outer edges for the front tires. The left side is even worse.
From what I understand and am told, it is the aggressive setup with the positive camber. Also, the front end cradle is shifted to the left so the left wears even
faster. I guess there is not much you can do about it, but replace tires
every 15k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts