Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying 4 slightly used Goodyear triple treads 225/60/18 with 9/32 left for tread. Has anyone installed these tires, I am reading mixed reviews and want the truth about them. PLEASE HELP ME MAKE A DECISION

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very good in the rain due to the tread design. Originally were sold with an 80 or 90,000 mile warranty most lasted no more than 50,000. Customers loved the traction while they lasted but were unhappy with short life and noise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I should qualify that as I have used them on my own car the a 2008 mustang and wouldn't use them again. I have also been a Goodyear retailer for over 15 years. Great tire in the rain just not for me and not for a lot of my customers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. Are side wall blow outs common and was the noise extreme. I deliver tires for a Goodyear dealer so im able to get a good deal. If you as a dealer advises me to stay clear then i will. Look forward to your response

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very good in the rain due to the tread design. Originally were sold with an 80 or 90,000 mile warranty most lasted no more than 50,000. Customers loved the traction while they lasted but were unhappy with short life and noise.
I agree with that completely. I had a set installed on a PT Cruiser. The traction was waaaay better than the stock Goodyear Eagles. However, the noise/harshness caused me to get rid of them prematurely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never saw any sidewall issues at all with them or really Goodyear in general, unless someone hit something pretty hard but that is true for any tire. It just comes down to the noise factor. Living in Oregon I wanted the safest rain tire available for my wife I do believe it is definatly that I just couldnt take the noise. Hard to tell on ride because well it was a mustang. Also in fairness the Michelin Hydroedge is pretty much the same story, very similar tread design but I do remember customers saying they liked the ride better on the Michelin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Patlyttle56, I think I my have bought the tires you are talking about, or a set very similar. Did you end up buying them? If you did, did you have any issues installing them on your 300c?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts