Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 days ago my father was driving my car (2006 SRT8). He hit a curb and bashed in part of the bumper. I put the car on some ramps thinking it was only a bent mount or something like that. When i was under it I discovered that the bottom of the bumper was not attached to anything. It’s like there is something missing. I don’t know what I need or if I even need anything. I don’t want to take it to the dealership because I’m worried ill get it back in worse condition than its in....AGAIN Last time it was there, I got it back damaged and getting it fixed was an unbelievably hard task to accomplish and I refuse to ever let them touch my car again. Please take a look at some photos I took and let me know what/if i need anything to fix my bumper. I'm not driving the car until i get it mounted up right again.
Thanks....

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Looks like you lost your front belly pan. It has the brake cooling ducts that extend into the wheel wells. They're not that expensive, but it's hard to tell from the pics if that's the only damage.

You're not the first to do this. Some have elected to leave it off, but it's meant for the aerodynamics of the underside of the car.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
One thing I noticed in the first pic is there's a ton of scratches under the lip spoiler. These cars sit very low and it takes some getting used to approaching or leaving driveways etc. They are DEFINATELY too low to be taking parking curbs for granted. Back in whenever possible or get to know where you're front end is.

Judging by the looks of it I doubt poor old Dad was totally responsible for the damage. He was probably the unfortunate one to finally do the deed.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Is that a dealer part? Or can i find it elsewhere
Yes, it's a dealer part. I have a spare and bought mine for ~$150 Canadian a couple of years ago. You should be able to easily do the job yourself.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Here's the part number...

Belly Pan, Front (SRT) - 05029908AC

Bernie

·
Registered
903 Posts
To me it looks like he is missing the piece between the belly pan and the facia. It also looks like you'll need a bunch of those pop rivits too. If you look in the tech section (or knowledge base--I forget the terms) there's a great post on doing a front grille swap. The guy in the post lists some autozone 1/4" rivits that work great. He has the part numbers in the post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my guess is that I lost it in New York this winter some time. As for the scrapes.... They arent as bad as they look. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
46 Posts
It happened to me also!

I got mine done part and labor for $200, but that was also with fixing part of the bumper.....you need to get that part, it also comes with the air duct..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts