Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! Just today some punk in his little ricer civic was sitting next to me at the light and he kept reving his 4 banger piece-o-crap. So I thought I'd destroy him when the light turned green. I was wrong... that little piece destroyed me and now I have to admit that my 300c was smoked by a civic.
This sucks!! :mad:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Throttle in a bottle...cheap thrills good for about 25 runs in a non-blueprinted ricerocket. After that, he probably drops in another motor ripped off from his last GTA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
whenever you decide to race you have to assume that the other guy knows what hes doing. Now a civic is very cheap to make fast but 05hemi is right they beat the car to death for awhile then they just swap motors. At E town they had some civics down there in the 12's and by the way you said he "destroyed you" I would guess thats what he's running.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah don't worry about it. My own little civic hatchback can beat my 300c. Of course the 300c is still stock.

If it makes you feel any better, the 300c can beat a newer transam. The only mod I noted was exhaust because it was hella loud, but still it happned.

The 300c is a hella good car in terms of performance regardless, so there is nothing to be ashamed about loosing to a highly modded civic. It happens.

·
Registered
96 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Hey Z2S04, do these numbers refer to your 1/4 mile or your mpg :D

Haha, A little from column A, and a little from column B. ;)

And Fatchance, transams are not made anymore... they went camaros to f-body heaven/hell. They are generally not my cup of tea, but they are overall performance cars. There are some nasty Camaro SSs (that doesn't look right) out there that I wouldn't mind having.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
No big thing. Smoked by a civic or any other rice rockets. Bottum line is that these guys have a ton of cash wrapped up in these cars. With out a doubt more than the cars worth. They live for stuff like that. Watch fast and the furiuos that is there life. Those days are behind me. The truth was spoken earlier these guys would give up their cars in a second for the "C", then turn around and smoke us all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If it makes you feel better I beat a Mercedes coupe with the 8 cylinder the other day. His car was a couple years old cause it was the style before the current one. Boy was he surprised.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have seen tricked out Civics beat Vipers. Current issue of Motor Trend has a fixed up Ford Focus going against a Lamborghini Gallardo. Lambo slightly beat Focus on a straight line. Put them on a race track and Focus will beat Lambo because it handles better. Any jackass can hit the hammer and drive straight but it takes skills to really push and shove a car to its limits. If I offend anyone by calling them jackass that's not what I was trying to do because I use to be one of those jackasses. My buddies and I have grown up and we race laps these days. We have an annual race that we go around a 45 mile loop around our town. Last time I got busted but no biggie I be back next March. I would by far get beat in a Viper by a Civic than actually ever drive a Civic made for Civilized peolpe.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Running laps is fun but is is difficult getting track time, etc. I try to make it once in a while when local car clubs rent out circuits for a couple of hours (it is usually best come F1 time here). I would definately not plan a track race with other racers on open public roads...

As for the civic, I am a car fan and I can appreciate a well built car regardless of company or function. I bought mine for one purpose, to build it up my self and feel like I made something out of something that wasn't meant to be fast. It is a sense of accomplishment. It feels good to be able to smoke factory sports cars on a track because I built it. I mean, I could have just bought a z06 and be done with and that is why many others chose to do it. Too each their own I guess.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thats it......turn in the keys to your C RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont deserve this car anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k The kid probably had $20,000 in the car just to make it faster, no biggie.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hdplasmas said:
I have seen tricked out Civics beat Vipers. Current issue of Motor Trend has a fixed up Ford Focus going against a Lamborghini Gallardo. Lambo slightly beat Focus on a straight line. Put them on a race track and Focus will beat Lambo because it handles better.

Wait one second, who is claiming that a FWD focus can out handle a Lambo and at the track? Sure a FWD car can be made to go fast in a straight line, but FWD have severe limits at the track. Someone needs to lay off the crack. :eek:

Don’t worry about getting beat by a civic. There was a reason that he was revving on you. Those things can be made to run high 12’s to low 13’s with an engine swap and bolt ons. I’ll try to dig up a video of a civic keeping up with this 10 sec Viper. If a Civic can keep up with a SC V10 Viper, you my friend have nothing to be ashamed about. Doesn't mean that it doen't sux tho :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
MOMO said:
Wait one second, who is claiming that a FWD focus can out handle a Lambo and at the track? Sure a FWD car can be made to go fast in a straight line, but FWD have severe limits at the track. Someone needs to lay off the crack. :eek:
Take a look at the July Sport Compact Car and on their "Lap Dance" story about their Track Attack day, you will see several purpose-built FWD cars that outhandled RWD and even track-prepped AWD EVO's ...
Handling is highly dependant of Build quality, Setup and Driver Skills .... You make the right combination of these and a FWD can be a might good handler.
They were running on the heels of an Ferrari Modena 360 driven by a professional racecar driver.

Second, IMO Lambo's have never shinned for their handling ... if you want a Supercar with handling, Ferrari is the best IMO ....

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
PR300C said:
Take a look at the July Sport Compact Car and on their "Lap Dance" story about their Track Attack day, you will see several purpose-built FWD cars that outhandled RWD and even track-prepped AWD EVO's ...
Handling is highly dependant of Build quality, Setup and Driver Skills .... You make the right combination of these and a FWD can be a might good handler.
They were running on the heels of an Ferrari Modena 360 driven by a professional racecar driver.

Second, IMO Lambo's have never shinned for their handling ... if you want a Supercar with handling, Ferrari is the best IMO ....
I think you can say as a fact that Lambos and Lotus (ex. Elise) don't shine in handling.I love Ferrari's but they can be unstable at the limit (I have driven only one). Let's not forget the modern 911 as a spectacular handler though it may be too "reasonably" priced to qualify as a supercar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.