Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a 3 hour drive to orlando this past weekend for haloween horror bights which was a blast but got home and washe the car the next day and theirs yeloow crap which is the bugs blood that i cant get off my cool vanilla bumper tried goo gone and a couple of waxes and got some bug and tar remover and theirs still a little fad of it left any one have a similar problem or know of a good cleaner or compound that will take it out without taking the paint off

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Clay is excellent for this, tar, paint etc. The rockers don't have a clear coat and even the mighty clay did not remove those stains. ALL of the bug and other crap came off my front bumper easily with detail clay and I also have cool vanilla. Try Autozone for clay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
300 on 22s said:
took a 3 hour drive to orlando this past weekend for haloween horror bights which was a blast but got home and washe the car the next day and theirs yeloow crap which is the bugs blood that i cant get off my cool vanilla bumper tried goo gone and a couple of waxes and got some bug and tar remover and theirs still a little fad of it left any one have a similar problem or know of a good cleaner or compound that will take it out without taking the paint off

I live in FLA (lucky me) and deal with love bugs all the time. I've found that
extra scrubbing with the car wash brush and going over it 3 times or so will get the juice off. If allowed to bake on for a couple of days, it is much harder to remove.

·
Registered
159 Posts
WD-40!! this is the true bug and tar remover

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I am sorry to report that nothing will remove the yellow specks you are seeing :( . they are not bug guts but the underlying urethane/plastic beneath the coat of paint that has been chipped by rocks, I see a few on mine. My Sienna has the exact thing only black showing beneath the silver paint, just touched it up today. Yes friends, WD 40 is a solvent/penatrent and will remove wax quite nicely, clay won't.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i use a very weak (orange/red in color) scoring pad designed for teflon pans to clean my windows, works great. i wonder if i could use it to get bugs off without scratching my paint?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I wouldn't use one of the plastic scourers. Try liberal water with sprays of naptha (zippo fluid) or WD-40. don't let either thing stay on paint too long, and spray down liberally after you use them. This will "soften" whatever you are trying to get off so you don't scrub in any scratches going after the tough stuff with elbow grease!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Clay is King for bugs, tar, purple bird poop on cool vanilla, et.al., my brother while visiting used my clay (no longer usable) to get "double yellow line" paint off his black minivan and was totally amazed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
All the auto parts dealers and sometimes Walmart has a carwash sponge with a rough side that can be used for scrubbing without harming the paint. I have been washing love bugs off my cool vanilla C three or four times a week for some time. I use Zip wax car wash and apply the water zip wash mixture liberally to the bugs and wash part of the remainder of the car coming back to the bugs about three times until they are gone. The Zip wash softens the bugs and gentle scrubbing about three times removes them completely. There was a spray on bug remover available in the stores but it was gone before I got around to getting it. I think it was called Bugoff but not sure.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Product Alert

Y'all, While doing my final detailing before winter, I was using a product called spot and stain remover by a company called resist-all. This product is sometimes given or sold as a care package by car dealers. I noticed while waxing the front bumber where I had been using the product that it actually distorted the paint. It still feels smooth, but when light shines on that area, you can see a marked difference. I had used this product before on my other cars with no ill effects, but the Front clip of the 300C doesn't like it at all. It is a minor blemish, but I wanted to warn you if you have it laying around, throw it out!
-Bill :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts