Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received mine in the mail yesterday each insert is 3pcs which is the mesh stainless frames 1 with pre-drill holes and 2nd one go on the outermost area which lay flush against the insert opening. I know there were mix views on the ones they offer since they're on the outside of bumper :confused: . However I like them and they fit flush to the bumper nothing hanging out to get caught onto anything, require some drilling to keep them tightly secured to the lower insert opening. I have not installed them yet it was alittle cold outside for this project, but below is a few pics to give an idea until I have them actually installed I will post pics & step by step instruction FYI. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/100_0068.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/100_0073.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/100_0060.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/100_0059.jpg

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Angi, if you like 'em that's all that matters. They're a perfect match to your grille and we'll look forward to the installed pics... meanwhile, stay warm!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Northern Rider said:
Angie, thanks for the pics!
They look good against Cool Vanilla. How do they attach?
Thanks NR & HEMEE, as for how they attach the mesh go directly behind the frame with the pre-drill hole to keep it securely in place then the 2nd frame have two-sided tape. However I'm thinking about having my hubby weld the mesh to the frame that lay over the mesh, and use the two-sided tape for the outer frame over that. Would weld that too, but then if I ever decided to remove it I wouldn't have that option. Just a thought :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/100_0073.jpg

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Angi, I think they look great on CV, not so hot on black, too much contrast kinda like the chrome B pillars on black. If I did not do my homemade set I would get these. Behind the bumper is not nearly as visible, you have to look to see mine. I'll save that $$ for my aluminum pedals.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
II kings 9:20 said:
Angi, I think they look great on CV. I'll save that $$ for my aluminum pedals.
Thanks, can't wait to see pics, also thinking about getting them aluminum pedals too! :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thanks for the pic's. Where did you purchase them from? And looking at the pictures it looks like you can actually take the mesh and do a custom job by cutting the lower mesh area if you don't want the mesh piece on top of your bumper.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Angi,

As Hemeee said "if you like it"... your mods have the subtle beauty that I want for my BBC.

As you normally do, please keep us informed. I am interested in how the mesh looks going across the center bar.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Before/After Shots (Lower Inserts)

Ok I have my lower inserts installed.
Step 1. Clean area with alcohol then mask off the outer area of lower bumper for insert.
Step 2. Using a 1/16 drill bit, line up pre-drill holes of the lower insert and drill hole into insert area.
Step 3. Line the mesh screen behind the frame with the pre-drill holes in it to screw into the bumper. (pic 2)
Step 4. Apply two-sided tape to outer frame and placed over frame w/pre-drill holes. (pic 3)
Step 5. Lastly, remove the protective tape from outer frame (pic 5) and whoola it's done. I'll say it should take under 25minutes to complete both sides. :)
Below are pics before (pic 1) and after, I also include a pic from the top view (pic4) so you can see that it does not stick out whatsoever, very flush if you ask me! :)
Once weather breaks I will take Mrs SexC out for a photo shoot :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
A real perfect match to your grill.
I would like to see a similar insert,
but with just horizontal bars,like the
ones in the factory grill.JMO.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Nice.

Looks good Angi. So they actuly screw on to the bumper.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all

Scarbrs said:
Nice.

Looks good Angi. So they actuly screw on to the bumper.
Yes the they do, making me feel real secure. :)

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Great work Angi, it's always nice when a member takes the time to post instructions. Thanks for the pics! Sooooo, what's next for you? :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HEMEEE said:
Great work Angi, it's always nice when a member takes the time to post instructions. Thanks for the pics! Sooooo, what's next for you? :)
Thanks HEMEEE, I'm always here to help or pass on info. As for what's next I was considering the small lip spoiler, but not totally sure yet, seeing that I have pinstriping across the trunk personalized with my name on it, also was considering the seat inserts, then again I might be all done especially as for the exterior :rolleyes: . Honestly I think I'll just wait for the nice weather and just enjoy the ride :) under the blue sky. :)

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Angi300C said:
Thanks HEMEEE, I'm always here to help or pass on info. As for what's next I was considering the small lip spoiler, but not totally sure yet, seeing that I have pinstriping across the trunk personalized with my name on it, also was considering the seat inserts, then again I might be all done especially as for the exterior :rolleyes: . Honestly I think I'll just wait for the nice weather and just enjoy the ride :) under the blue sky. :)
All great plans, and I know you'll keep us posted... as always!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that we are finally on line with the forum although we have been advertising for a few days with you. Somehow we couldn't log in after we signed on. Just wanted to let you know that we also have the grille you mentioned in stock. Cost is $64.95 plus shipping and would be happy to help anyone out regarding this lower mesh grille and any others that you maybe interested in from E & G.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
W.e.l.c.o.m.e.

Nice pictures. I wouldn't mind adding to my web site to show how they look versus the picture that E & G supplied us. With your permission of course.
Welcome and Thanks, permission granted for a small fee (joking of course)! I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first for several reasons, i.e. if they would be secure from the outside and didn't know exactly how it would look on Cool Vanilla (CV), I must say I'm very pleased & impressed on how the finish product look. Again permission granted! :) Feel free to PM me if you need add'l pics.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts