Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These paddles shifters are sick. There is a remote box that is in my arm rest and shift paddles for each side of the wheel. Each shifter has a paddle on the back (up shift) and a button on the front (down shift), but you can configure the shift pattern to your choice. I installed them right before the Spring Festival and it took a couple of days to get use to. I was still reaching for the shifter in the center console.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That looks extremely cheap the way the paddles are zip tied to the wheel. They need to find a better way to integrate them, even if it means using a BMW wheel or something.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I saw those and thought they were ejector seat buttons or controls to release an oil slick in the rear or for the front end rockets...but then I thought, nah, those look like paddle shifters. A ha! I was right! They ARE sweet!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I think the stealth shift hammer is the best option at this time.

I do appriciate you sharing this though...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great idea. I bet if you went to an upolhstry shop (however its spelled) you could have them zip tie them under the leather wrap and restring that part of the steering wheel. What is the response time for shifting with those btw?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry man i gotta be honest. They look bad. Paddle shifters belong behind the wheel not on the wheel. But Im sure you can come up with something seeing as they do not NEED to be on the wheel to function.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the stealth shift hammer is the best option at this time.
I do appriciate you sharing this though...
Not even close to these. That other set up is the one that wouldn't read when the unit was set in the arm rest, it worked great sitting on the seat.

Sorry man i gotta be honest. They look bad. Paddle shifters belong behind the wheel not on the wheel. But Im sure you can come up with something seeing as they do not NEED to be on the wheel to function.
It acually doesn't look that bad, but I am working on something that will adapt to the wheel from the back, with up nad down shift on bothsides of the wheel.

The install was done by JonW in about an hour, That guy is unbelievable when it comes to stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Dude, do you ever stop! LOL

Keep it up, we are all watching!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not even close to these. That other set up is the one that wouldn't read when the unit was set in the arm rest, it worked great sitting on the seat.

It acually doesn't look that bad, but I am working on something that will adapt to the wheel from the back, with up nad down shift on bothsides of the wheel.

The install was done by JonW in about an hour, That guy is unbelievable when it comes to stuff like this.
You're right it doesnt look bad it just looks like it doesn't belong. It reminded me of a boost controller when I first saw it.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Some of the details that may not be apparent from John's pics are that there are full length paddles on the back of the pieces in addition to the buttons on the front. They are completely programmable that each button or paddle can do an upshift or downshift. Thus you could make both buttons upshift, and both paddles downshift or vice-versa. You could also make the button and paddle on one side upshift and the button and paddle on the other side downshift. Mix and match - your choice.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
That's what I love about JonW! In my book, he is the LX MacGyver!

fatchance....I think the shifters look great and applaud your continued, resourceful efforts to show what can be done to these versatilel vehicles.

bruno

·
Registered
491 Posts
These paddles shifters are sick. There is a remote box that is in my arm rest and shift paddles for each side of the wheel. Each shifter has a paddle on the back (up shift) and a button on the front (down shift), but you can configure the shift pattern to your choice. I installed them right before the Spring Festival and it took a couple of days to get use to. I was still reaching for the shifter in the center console.

Sorry mate but that looks nasty!

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
All I can say is these are sick I can paddle up or down from either side with the wheel in any postion. I am working on a new set up that will look OEM when it's done.

That would sure be a hit! I dig them. Anything to keep your hands on the wheel is great.

Who was it that had the buttons behind the steering wheel?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After a month or so of driving this is the only way to go.....I never drive with the shifter and I can shift up or down with the wheel in any postion. I'm still working on some that will look more OEM, but allow you to shift up or down from either side of the wheel.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That looks bad! No way. What's wrong with the stick for shifting?

My jeep G/C had the buttons behind the wheel to change the stereo and such. i wonder if you could use those type of buttons to shift the car....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would do some hunting on mouser electronics and see what they have for momentary toggle switches. You may be able to make a housing that attaches to the back of the wheel out of site that integrates one of these momentary action switches. If your interested in some of the options let me know and i can do some hunting for ya.

·
Registered
491 Posts
After a month or so of driving this is the only way to go.....I never drive with the shifter and I can shift up or down with the wheel in any postion. I'm still working on some that will look more OEM, but allow you to shift up or down from either side of the wheel.
I appreciate the idea is great, the only problem is that they look cheap and nasty, but hey you like them and thats all that matters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts