Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo hoo!

SRT Headers and Kooks catless mids. :)

Thanks to silver06hemic for his advice along the way of deciding.

I already have Magnaflow high-flow cats/mids and Magnaflow catback. With DMH cutouts welded on the mids. Really just wanted to get some 5.7 aftermarket shorty headers so I could just bolt up. But I was convinced to get 6.1 headers instead... which meant new mids as well. And why not go catless this time? ;)

So I'll need to get new DMH flanges for my cutouts and another Johan tune to shut off the O2's - I doubt my non-foulers and steel wool trick will work on the catless. I also hear Mopar gaskets and bolts are a must.

Anybody know the part number for the gaskets, and/or the bolts - stage 8 I think??

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Nice....so, catless improves flow, I am assuming. Will that make it too loud (if that's possible)?

Reactions: Fisch

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Awesome Kyle... you will like this little upgrade trust me! She will wake right up! Oh and the sound... ohhhhhh the sound! Lol

Good luck brudda!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice....so, catless improves flow, I am assuming. Will that make it too loud (if that's possible)?
Improved air flow - they're just straight pipes really. So no cats, no restrictions. And yes, it will probably be too loud with the cutouts open... and I'm cool with that. :fing02:
When did you get a CRD? :D

Thread moved...
Thanks bud. Haven't been on in awhile... must have forgot how to post.
Awesome Kyle... you will like this little upgrade trust me! She will wake right up! Oh and the sound... ohhhhhh the sound! Lol

Good luck brudda!

You know this is all your fault, Rob. ;) Yeah, I can't wait to hear and feel it. Thanks for all of your help man.
Congratz man.. and we will be expecting a sound clip... so say we all.
Thanks bro - you know I will. Think I have a sound clip of my current setup on here somewhere. I'll find it and post it - then we can hear a before/after. :)

So, anybody have any part numbers for gaskets and bolts?

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is sound from current setup...

CLOSED / OPEN / CLOSED

OPEN WHOLE TIME

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Well good, get those on and get some good experience and then we can get mine on!!!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
When are you installing Kyle? I'm doing a garage cleanup and somewhere I know I have a stock grind sidewinder that put me in the 12's cam only... if I can find it collecting dust somewhere I'd be willing to donate it to you for the cause and all your help in the past! I looked for it once before, but now with the clean out I'm hopeful! Lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Woo hoo!

SRT Headers and Kooks catless mids. :)

Thanks to silver06hemic for his advice along the way of deciding.

I already have Magnaflow high-flow cats/mids and Magnaflow catback. With DMH cutouts welded on the mids. Really just wanted to get some 5.7 aftermarket shorty headers so I could just bolt up. But I was convinced to get 6.1 headers instead... which meant new mids as well. And why not go catless this time? ;)

So I'll need to get new DMH flanges for my cutouts and another Johan tune to shut off the O2's - I doubt my non-foulers and steel wool trick will work on the catless. I also hear Mopar gaskets and bolts are a must.

Anybody know the part number for the gaskets, and/or the bolts - stage 8 I think??

Let me know how this turns out! I will be in the market for this

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it seems like a good place to ask. I wonder if any of you more experienced members could answer a question for me. I have a CAI, JBA shorty headers, stock mids/cats, and a Borla Touring cat back exhaust on a stock engine (91 CAI tune). Right now the exhaust sounds terrific but is not that much louder than stock under normal driving, which is the way I want it. How much louder will the exhaust get with high flow cats installed. Will high flow cats even make a difference in performance on a otherwise internally stock engine.

Sometime this spring/summer (or whenever I can get the funds together) I plan on having a mild cam upgrade done at HHP. I'll also have Josh do a dyno tune. Again, how much of a performance difference will high flow mids make. Right now I have the exhaust sound and volume exactly where I want it. I always like to maximize performance where I can, but I don't want the exhaust to be too loud. How much will I be giving up by keeping the stock mids.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When are you installing Kyle? I'm doing a garage cleanup and somewhere I know I have a stock grind sidewinder that put me in the 12's cam only... if I can find it collecting dust somewhere I'd be willing to donate it to you for the cause and all your help in the past! I looked for it once before, but now with the clean out I'm hopeful! Lol

Say whattt?! Ya know, I once told you I'd never cam. But my buddy just cammed (Kball) and now he's faster. And no, the headers and mids won't be enough to catch him. But a 12 second cam will pass him! Let's talk bud. :)

Don't have install plans just yet. Need to get parts (still looking for part numbers on gaskets and bolts!), but I like to install sooner than later. Just too busy at work right now to think about it. Would have to research the same for cam - assume springs, etc. ?

Tell ya what - send all those lights up to me and I'll build ya some nice ones. We both know you're scared to tackle that job anyways! Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim - high flow cats are honestly not going to make a huge difference. But from the looks at the rest of your "breathing" system, clearly your mids are your weak link.

A system is only as good as it's weakest link. Kinda why I'm finally tackling the headers. So IMO I say get some high-flows or even catless if you can get away with it.

When I added high-flows it didn't make much of a sound difference. Maybe a tiny bit more of the grumble at idle and a little louder at WOT. Felt better on my butt dyno after adding them, but any gains I'm sure were minimal at best. Still, it's one piece of the puzzle, and collectively they add up.

Reactions: Jim910

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Tell ya what - send all those lights up to me and I'll build ya some nice ones. We both know you're scared to tackle that job anyways! Lol.

Ahhhhhhahahahahahaha! Does it show that badly?? lol... Was the give away the fact that they have been sitting there over a month already! lol...

I'm doing a big reorganize right now in the shop so I have space for my next big onset of mods, I know I have it somewhere (who throws out a cam??!) so when it's found it's your Kyle. I wouldn't take anything from you for it, you help enough people around here, me included! It's a stock grind FRI Sidewinder cam, you will need 6.1 springs and pushrods and I think I have a set of each somewhere as well... lol... give me some time. Yesterday I 'found' 3 standard grills, a custom made grip style grill, rear bumper chrome, stock airbox, 3 sets of lowering coils and a brand new coil pack! Hahaha! Add that to a complete brand new nitrous kit I was going to use for a 2nd stage and a brand new Nano kit and all the trimmings, spare SLP Underdrive and injectors, fuel rails etc etc my shop is looking like a Chrysler parts department! Oh and exhaust... so... many... exhaust bits... lol :puppy_dog Somewhere in here.. there is a cam and springs! lol

I'll PM you when I find em pal... going away the next few days so probably next week... that cam got me a 12.89 cam only on street rubber... great great power stick!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Ahhhhhhahahahahahaha! Does it show that badly?? lol... Was the give away the fact that they have been sitting there over a month already! lol...

I'm doing a big reorganize right now in the shop so I have space for my next big onset of mods, I know I have it somewhere (who throws out a cam??!) so when it's found it's your Kyle. I wouldn't take anything from you for it, you help enough people around here, me included! It's a stock grind FRI Sidewinder cam, you will need 6.1 springs and pushrods and I think I have a set of each somewhere as well... lol... give me some time. Yesterday I 'found' 3 standard grills, a custom made grip style grill, rear bumper chrome, stock airbox, 3 sets of lowering coils and a brand new coil pack! Hahaha! Add that to a complete brand new nitrous kit I was going to use for a 2nd stage and a brand new Nano kit and all the trimmings, spare SLP Underdrive and injectors, fuel rails etc etc my shop is looking like a Chrysler parts department! Oh and exhaust... so... many... exhaust bits... lol :puppy_dog Somewhere in here.. there is a cam and springs! lol

I'll PM you when I find em pal... going away the next few days so probably next week... that cam got me a 12.89 cam only on street rubber... great great power stick!

Silver, I am not sure whether to call you a hoarder or not!!!

Damn, I wished I had that problem....just forgetting what I had!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
^ hahaha! Trust me my wife calls me one! 7 years of playing with these cars compiles quite the collection! Think I might do a for sale thread though soon!

Reactions: CNISTER
1 - 16 of 16 Posts