Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Silver C today. While waiting for the finance gal to finish my deal, I was out chatting with the sales guys. One of them offered me $2500 to walk away from my deal. i.e. We'll give you $2500 if you let us keep the car. Well, I've never had that happen before.

I had an Affiliate Rewards program deal that gave me the car at 1% under invoice. A couple of them were shocked that I even got the car under the discount program. Even they cannot order one now (employees that is). Timing is everything. At the point I ordered it (6/19), they were willing to do it and the regional DC rep gave them an allocation waiver. They now cannot get any waivers and their allocations are still low. They had two other C's that they had bought out of state just so that they had some to sell. Even their Touring models were marked up. One of the Touring models they had there was loaded at $32K + wheels $5K + grill $1K + "market adjustment" $5K = $43,000 for a Touring!!!!!

Mine was $38,480 sticker with $35,851 to me. Plus I got the $1000 back off of that. I also picked up a 7/70 bumper to bumper full coverage warranty for $880. They were saying list on the warranty was $1995 and because I was buying through the fleet dept, they could give it to me for $1595 (oh, how generous). I told her (finance gal) she'd have to do a lot better than that. I then showed her my spreadsheet with the Chrysler warranty options and the discount that I could get. She was floored and stated that I had really done my homework (yeah, no shit). She said she didn't want to lose that business and would match the price. My real want for the warranty is to offer something to the next buyer of the car when I resale. It always helps to sell it fully warrantied.

On the way home I had a ricer that was spinning his tires from two lights in a row trying to get me to go. At the third light I gave him a nod and then let him have it. As he's going through the gears and belching out the fart pipe, I'm just quietly flying away from him. I really wasn't going to start getting on it yet, but I couldn't resist the little shit. My kids (two girls, 5 & 7) were in the car with me and laughing saying "Do it again daddy"!

Oh yeah, I'll be doing that again. You can bet on it.

(For those concerned for the kids, I backed off well below 60, I wouldn't endanger them).:eek:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
$43,000 for a Touring, WOW. Congrats on ur Sliver 300C, im still waiting for mine and I think I still have a month or so to wait, it hurts trust me. I can't wait until I hit the road with the 300C and have "ricers" pulling up and getting smoked off the line, hehe.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Great deal on you C jonw, sounds as good as mine, I got a fully loaded C for 35,190 after 2K in rebates, but the catch I'm in a war zone so I get the car at cost plus whatever cost the Exchange Car Sales (ENCS) incurred in getting the deal done. Not bad right.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Say, You can still get the $500 Visa card thru Chrysler... all you have to do is go to the website and request the info on the 300.... it comes as a packet about 2 weeks later and in there is a form that you fill out and have the dealer sign.

I took delivery of mine ealry August and I heard about it and sent for the info...sure enough it comes in there and says if you take delivery before 9/18 I think, get it signed and off in the mail by 10/18, you get the Visa card = $500! 6-8 weeks from now, I hope to have mine! Try it, what do you have to loose!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
midwestrc said:
Say, You can still get the $500 Visa card thru Chrysler...
Yep, I got that $500 too. I didn't include that in my numbers because you have to send it in separately and wait 6-8 weeks for it. The finance gal had not seen one of those before when I had her sign it. As pointed out in another thread though, not everyone receives the offer in their information packet.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I requested the Chrysler information from the webiste on the date of the original post and all I got was the Road & Track Supplement. I will try it again. I also submitted a friends name and nothing yet.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Like E55 Kev,
I requested info and got Road/Track Book. So I just requested info again. I have my fingers crossed. Will let all know if 2nd request works :rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
JonW said:
My kids (two girls, 5 & 7) were in the car with me and laughing saying "Do it again daddy"!
I should have had a girl, my 9 year old son's always telling me I'm breaking the speed limit. I think I have a cop-to-be on hand.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I requested the info pack about a week ago, and it showed up today, WITH the $500 VISA card coupon! Yippee! I purchased end of July, so back to the dealer to have them validate it.

Interestingly, it says I can call 1-800-CHRYSLER for validation or send to them via snail-mail.

Has anyone called-in their $500 VISA offer?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh yeah, one other "interesting thing"--I also got my Chrysler Survey form in the mail today. The one that my dealer keeps reminding me that if I bring it in to the dealer after I fill it out, they'll give me a FREE TANK OF GAS.

The funny thing is, the letter accompanying the survey says "Do not return this survey to your dealer.

No wonder my dealer is a 5-star dealership...they trash all the bad surveys and mail off all the good ones to Chrysler!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
What

What am i looking for on the Chrysler site i looked but i must have missed it.
I bought it July 27 will that work?

So thats why my sales man keeps sending me "Love Letter"
I stoped in there and he was writing a new one.
He's a good kid but i knew there was something up with this.
Oh i get free Oil change. cheap bastard.
Eric
DLR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts