Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call at 4.00 PM to-day that my car was in and being prepped. I had the keys in my hand by 5.00 PM and left the dealer at 6.00 PM with all papers signed and a commitment that they will discount my moulded mudflaps and install them for free next week.

The dealer stated that this was the first 300C in Jade that they had come in, and several sales staff wondered why that was as it was really a crowd gatherer, in fact some old guy came up and wanted to take it for a test drive. Not likely!!!!!! The only concern I had is that the prep guy put one of those tacky dealer decals on the back, luckily it was still fresh and I removed it before I went into the dealership.

I see where all you people are saying that it gets THAT LOOK, I sure can believe that, and after I had picked up some cheap clear floor mats I went for a coffee and had some young boys come up and say. "Hey man great car" and then said "you got a buck I could borrow", so much for the younger crowd. I have an evening planned by reading my instruction manual.

I ordered my car on the 27th of April, it was built on the 26th of May, and was finally delivered to-day the 24th, so just about 2 months from order to posession. I guess that is not too bad, but it did sit in storage for close to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
congratulations on the new car. I hope you enjoy every thing about the car like I do. What options did you get with your C. The only reason I ask is becasue I wanted to see if there is still a delay with the sunroofs and Navigation.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Congrats, this gives me some hope of relief soon. I ordered mine 4/30 with PG2,HID and Pedals only. Built on 6/1 and has been in transit ever since. Based on your build to delivery date can mine be far off? We'll see, I am starting to sniff around but have not located an in stock car that I want built after 4/25.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
The only concern I had is that the prep guy put one of those tacky dealer decals on the back, luckily it was still fresh and I removed it before I went into the dealership...
Mike, congrats on your 300c. Way I found to avoid all that dealer advertising (trunk, license plate frames) is to put it in the contract... "NO DEALER ADVERTISING on this car when delivered." Solves the problem very nicely.

... I have an evening planned by reading my instruction manual...
Isn't that manual a real brain thumper? About 2/3'ds of it is not applicable to the 300C. Takes at least 4 readings to make some sense of it, plus highlighting what applies to the "C" and perhaps sticky tabs on the edges so you can find stuff in it.

DC could save a bundle by a little editing and at least two versions of that thing; then give out the correct one for the engines concerned. They used to put out separate manuals for the different models.

Oh well, we aren't/weren't in charge.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, yes I agree the manual is overwhelming. By the time I figure it out I will be looking for a new ride, NOT!!!!!!!

In Canada most of your options are standard here, and I don't know why. The U-connect and Sirrus is not available in Canada, so I got everything else which included the sunroof, side cutains, hids etc., but I did not get the Nav system. I like to drive lost and I hate asking for directions, and as a result I haven't been home in 10 years!!! (my wife says, "you wish")

·
Registered
901 Posts
Congrats! MiKeyjohn,
Patience is a virtue. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone, I still can't get over the looks this car gets when I am driving, almost had a guy run into my front end as he was staring at the car and was soon steering into my lane. The horn works well!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I fill your pain fellow junior member,even where your wait for the motorcycle is concerned,I played the waiting game for my 04 R1 and now im playing the same game with my C good luck.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I got a call at 4.00 PM to-day that my car was in and being prepped. I had the keys in my hand by 5.00 PM and left the dealer at 6.00 PM with all papers signed and a commitment that they will discount my moulded mudflaps and install them for free next week.

The dealer stated that this was the first 300C in Jade that they had come in, and several sales staff wondered why that was as it was really a crowd gatherer, in fact some old guy came up and wanted to take it for a test drive. Not likely!!!!!! The only concern I had is that the prep guy put one of those tacky dealer decals on the back, luckily it was still fresh and I removed it before I went into the dealership.

I see where all you people are saying that it gets THAT LOOK, I sure can believe that, and after I had picked up some cheap clear floor mats I went for a coffee and had some young boys come up and say. "Hey man great car" and then said "you got a buck I could borrow", so much for the younger crowd. I have an evening planned by reading my instruction manual.

I ordered my car on the 27th of April, it was built on the 26th of May, and was finally delivered to-day the 24th, so just about 2 months from order to posession. I guess that is not too bad, but it did sit in storage for close to 3 weeks.
Hey, congrats Mikey!!! Too bad it's gone now, but I bet you're having fun in the Ram!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats, I am really happy for you. For a yeaar now, I am skiddish about driving my car close to other vehicles. I am afraid their tires will throw a rock on mine or something.I hate dumptrucks.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
My bad.....I just noticed this thread is from 2005?

Talk about lag!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts