Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As someone else already stated, theres no cheap plastic on this thing. Its solid metal and very good quality.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Looks like a great product, I should get mine next week well before my C which supposedly ships 6/21 but I've learned not to trust that. Lakers, how does the horn sound? Most factory units are pretty weak, I'm thinking of twin Italian air horns which will be easier (I think) to install when I'm putting my new grille and DRL unit in.

Re: your beloved Lakers (I lived in Long Beach for a year in 87 when they won) remember the words of Vince Lombardi "We never lost a game, we just ran out of time" :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lakersfan, I like the grill. Where did you get it? Let us how easy/hard it goes in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The wing comes with it. I just didnt take pics and havent put it on yet. Heres a couple of pics without it. I dont waste time putting mods on!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow! You are speedy! Can you describe the install? Did you drill out the screws at the bottom of the old grille, or did you find you could save the old grille and remove the bottom screws without removing from fascia??? Any words of wisdom or advise for those who will be soon undertaking this endevour themselves? Inquiring minds want to know....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
kampsvilleboy said:
Wow! You are speedy! Can you describe the install? Did you drill out the screws at the bottom of the old grille, or did you find you could save the old grille and remove the bottom screws without removing from fascia??? Any words of wisdom or advise for those who will be soon undertaking this endevour themselves? Inquiring minds want to know....
The install took about 35 minutes to do. Somewhat difficult at times, mainly because my hands are big and couldnt fit in the small areas.

I managed to to save my factory grill without breaking or drilling through it like the directions say to. I will do a more detailed "How To" tonight but heres just the start

You start by removing the black cover piece in the pic

This is where you want to start

From here, its as simple as locating the 6 screws (4 on the top and one on each side) and removing them with a phillips screw driver. There is a little "clamp" thingy on each side that holds the grill in its place, but that is simply pushed out from the back. Once thats done, pull the top portion of the grill out from the bumper so that the bottom of the grill is the only part attatched. The trickiest part is removing the 4 (maybe 5, sorry) screws that fasten the bottom of the grill to the bumper. Will you will need to remove all the other screws before attempting to remove the bottom ones.

This next part is kinda scary and im not sure if it is the "proper" way to do it, but its what i did :p

I pulled the top (detatched portion) of the grill out away from the car as far as I could without actually snapping it off. Doing this exposed the last screws that are attatched at the bottom. I then unscrewed those and viola, the grill came off :D Thats how you get the grill off. It may not make much sense prior to doing it, but once you take a look its not that hard, and this will make more sense.

I strongly suggest a second pair of hands to help you out. It would have taken alot longer than 35 minutes if i did it by myself.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Got mine today as well, can't wait for your instructions. I DO NOT want to jack up the factory grill. I was planning on removing the facia but I guess I won't. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where did you guys get the grill? Looks great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lakersfan,

In your opinion is thr included hardware sturdy enough to deter thiefs from taking it off by just pulling on it?

swarick

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vengra, the group buy is here

Swarick, the included hardware will definately work fine. Im sure if someone really wanted it they could pull it like hell and it would probably come off. It feels just as sturdy as the factory grill

·
Registered
901 Posts
Grill

Hey Laker Fan,
Wow that looks really nice! Sweeet! Thanks for posting the pic/instructions very helpful. I too decided on the one with the center bar but dang looking at yours I might have to go ahead and get the all mesh! Decisions! Decisions!
Again Awesome! :)
What did you use to place the wing/badge on the grill? Or do the grill come with an adhesive of some sort?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lakersfan, thanks for the instructions and the group buy info. Will order the mesh, looks trick.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Angi300C said:
Hey Laker Fan,
Wow that looks really nice! Sweeet! Thanks for posting the pic/instructions very helpful. I too decided on the one with the center bar but dang looking at yours I might have to go ahead and get the all mesh! Decisions! Decisions!
Again Awesome! :)
What did you use to place the wing/badge on the grill? Or do the grill come with an adhesive of some sort?
Thanks! I say get one while you can, I dont know how long they will extend this discount to us ;)

The wings came with double sided 3M tape already on attatched to it. Just pull it off and stick it on! The badge, however, was a pain in the arss! I dont have any words of wisdom to remove that from the factory grill because that thing is super glued on there. Just try to remove that from the back of the grill, rather than scratching up the front like someone may have done :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lakerfan, I went too pick mine up today, looked at instructions and decided to have them install it . Too much drilling. Was it a lot of work? Did wing adhere well? Yours looks great. CONGRATS!!! Ron

1 - 20 of 76 Posts