Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I did it. I got my new E&G grille on last night! It was easy with the assistance of all the great posts I've found here... Thank you all! One note though, I thought I read some cautions about how sharp the E&G grille edges were. I didn't have a problem with the E&G, it was the stock plastic grille that almost done me in :eek: I thought I was going to need a transfusion after all the cuts I got from that thing.

Anyway, I got it off and the new one on with absolutely no damge to the car and that's what matters most... RIGHT???

Also, as you might see on my picture, the new grille sits back revealing a slight (< 1/4") lip around the grille. Is that the way it's supposed to be or should it be flush?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
watchout said:
Well I did it. I got my new E&G grille on last night! It was easy with the assistance of all the great posts I've found here... Thank you all! One note though, I thought I read some cautions about how sharp the E&G grille edges were. I didn't have a problem with the E&G, it was the stock plastic grille that almost done me in :eek: I thought I was going to need a trasfusion after all the cuts I got from that thing.

Anyway, I got it off and the new one on with absolutely no damge to the car and that's what matters most... RIGHT???

Also, as you might see on my picture, the new grille sits back revealing a slight (< 1/4") lip around the grille. Is that the way it's supposed to be or should it be flush?
Good job. I always tell my guys that a bandaid is cheaper than a paintjob. lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
watchout said:

The 1/4" lip is right. I have done 2 and thats how they came out.

·
Registered
901 Posts
LQQking Good

Watchout, that looks Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Great job on the install, and thanks for the pics! Again that looks sharp!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oooh, that looks NICE! Could ya take some more pics from futher back, revealing the car more too? I want to see how a car look by looking at it normally to others.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. Here are a couple more picsof the grille, still not cleaned, but a little further back(garage is too small). I'll post more when I get my baby cleaned/clayed/sealed - like around spring-time :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Looks great, nice variation on the mesh, a 1/4 lip is proper. I always use rubber gloves (nick and scratch preventer, as well as fingernail grease) or good leather gloves. Saved a major slice to the hand when I was trimming the plastic lower mesh retainer with a zip knife, I really thought I got the hand, no damage thanks to the leather, not the cheap things from the dollar store, good Wells Lamont. Safety glasses can also save your eye, even when seemingly there is no danger, "you never see the missle that kills you". NR, I agree with RG, this the first new car I have had that is just as thrilling after 6 months as new.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good advice... Thank you II Kings.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Jut put my grille On today took about an hour a half, a little bleeding later, i swear it takes an hour and almost breaking your factory grille to get it off, and what about ten minutes puttin tha new one on lol.... well im very satisfied, and it looks way better on the car then when you pull it out of the box......obviously.....lol..... check errr out.

figured uve already seen em daylight....heres a few at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did you have to take your bumper off to put the grille on? Is there any drilling required? Do I need to buy anything to complete the install that is not included with the grille?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
as of right now, im not putting the chrysler emblem on FOR SURE, and i dont like the e&g emblem either, i think it looks pretty good and clean with no emblem honestly but maybe in the future ill look at having my own emblem...

and yes there is some drilling into the factory front of the car after removing the factory grille...

and yes you will need a few different tools to do so

and no you dont need to take the front bumper off, but i do recall myself saying "you know i swear it would almost be easier to just take the front bumper off to do this....

I would say avg time: hour to an hour an a half

it is a pain - but when its done youll llove it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kangol99 said:
Did you have to take your bumper off to put the grille on? Is there any drilling required? Do I need to buy anything to complete the install that is not included with the grille?
No I did not take the bumper off. I did have the plastic shield under the bumper removed (to install my Nokya fog-lights and filer-mag) so I think that hepled the bumper flex a little. You do have to drill 3 small holes (for the E&G grille) to mount the grille pins into. If you ever wnet back to the stock grille (why??) you would not see these holes. Also the holes are just in the plastic bumper so they won't rust! I used a phillips head and a pair of channel locks. The upper 6 screws are easy, the bottom 4 is where I used the channel locks to get the screws out. Most people use a ratchet type phillips head for these, but I didn't want to distort the bumper too much. With the E&G grille you won't need anything else. NOTE - take II Kings advice - use a pair of leather gloves. The plastic grille made me look like I lost knife fight. :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looking Good

Looking Good LaidBackC, thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the Source for this grill?

watchout said:
Well I did it. I got my new E&G grille on last night! It was easy with the assistance of all the great posts I've found here... Thank you all! One note though, I thought I read some cautions about how sharp the E&G grille edges were. I didn't have a problem with the E&G, it was the stock plastic grille that almost done me in :eek: I thought I was going to need a transfusion after all the cuts I got from that thing.

I really like this aftermarket grill! Are the center vertical and three horizontal chrome pieces included in the grill kit? I assume they are part of the bezel that is around or over the mesh. Did the Chrysler emblem come with the kit or did you install it separately? What is the Source for this kit and the part number, and the price? Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts