Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is that this is the best handling 300C on the streets, unless you already have Pedders. The system basically replaces all of the suspension bushings and what a difference there is. Pedders all has taken it a step further incorporating features that are not on the OEM parts. For instance I have 4 way adjustments on each side in the rear for alignment, before I had just 1. The front has added features for performance and alignment. The OEM parts were hammered to say the least. Now mind you I’m a moderate driver, so if you are one to push it, then consider your parts to be in worse shape. I got the Track II kit without the springs, shocks and sway bars.

Here’s a quick brake down of what I did. I went to the authorized Pedders dealer here in So Cal Haddad Motorsports for the install. These guys are amazing and their equipment is unreal. The car was on the alignment rack for 3 hours plus and has a perfect alignment. The process is 2 days and they take everything apart I mean everything.

The end result, the car has NEVER driven or handled this great, it tracks and handles perfectly. The difference is night and day, this is more than just new bushings. I have put on a couple of hundred miles since the install and it’s crazy how the car handles. Here are some pics from the install.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Looks familiar! I FEEL the same... Can't wait for the rest of the parts to come in. I got the Bushes and sways a few months back, been waiting sorta patiently for the springs, struts and shocks. They are supposed to ship Monday and hopefully be installed soon after they arrive.

Pete and the guys over at Pedders are all cool guys that know their stuff!

·
Registered
270 Posts
John,

We did inspection at our Precision, our Pedders Dealer in Florida, on Saturday. 3 out of four cars had the same type of wear. In fairness to Chrysler, this wear is caused by what would generally be described as abuse and excluded from warranty. All of the cars I inspected had after market wheels or bits of some type. The most highly modded car was also the most tenderly driven. The bushes looked like new. That said -- that couple is getting Pedderised because I think they want to start abusing it. :biggrin:

The test drives in Bob's HEMI Charger R/T and my rental with 5K blew people away that owned GTOs. Those that drove in in LXs didn't need the a drive it the rental -- they already knew!

Paul,

Not much longer -- hang in there a few more weeks for your dampers and coils!

·
Registered
668 Posts
How much does it cost to do a 300C?

·
Registered
270 Posts
A complete Pedders Suspension for your LX replacing dampers, coils, bushes, sway bars & endlinks is roughly $5,800 installed using an average labor rate. The bits are roughly $4,400 and the installation 16 hours or so. We train our Dealers in meetings (SEMA) and in their shops using their own tools and equipment. That is how we have predictable labor hours. Labor rates range greatly across the country. This is due to the cost of real estate, taxes and local wage rates. Our lowest hourly rate Dealer is in Mountain Home, AR at I think $75 per hour and the guys that are coastal in Dealerships up to $125. However driving from California or New York to get to Mountain Home will cost more -- WAY MORE -- than the labor rate difference. :biggrin:

The most important aspect of a Pedders Suspension Installation is the guarantee and the predictability of results. If our bits are installed by a Pedders Shop our warranty covers labor. There is no speed contest exclusion. The most important attribute of a Pedders Installed LX suspension is measured in SEGS! You have no idea....

This is a complete engineered solution for your LX. You cannot believe the difference. John had some very high quality bits already in his suspension. The problems with the LX are foundational. The amount of bumpsteer, the rear step out and the bush mush in the radius rod bushes and wishbones severely limit the vehicle. Adding firmer dampers to the LX is masking the foundational weakness. Pushed to the limits the car is actually worse -- unless the foundation is stabilised. Think of it this way. If you were building a fence would you set the post in Jello or cement? The LX is well bushed to drive at legal speed limits. The tears you see in John's radius rod bushes are from spirited driving. They are abuse and not a Chrysler warranty issue. With our bushes installed his coilovers cam now work as they were designed. His car is amazing -- you have to experience it.

NEVER take our word for a bit or a marketing promise from any suspension company. All our nits are great in print or in the box. TEST DRIVE A CAR WITH THE BITS YOU ARE CONSIDERING. LET YOUR TEST DRIVE TELL THE REAL STORY or you could ask FAT CHANCE or HEMI4ME :fing02:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Pete, Deb was thinking sooner maybe she was not correct....

MM you are in Japan? wonder how much they would charge labor? Hmmmm thats hard to comprehend for me how they could get that done!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Pete, Deb was thinking sooner maybe she was not correct....
I couldn't be wrong. I was only wrong once last year and I can't use up my quota this early in the year. :biggrin:

We have several containers coming in. Some through Long Beach -- the slow ones and some through Houston -- the fast ones. We'll have to verify which LX dampers are on. She could be right -- but I have been burned by customs, trains, planes and trucks so often I am VERY conservative on delivery dates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts