Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was time for some new high performance summer tires for my SRT8. I really wanted something that could handle flat out road course time trials and would match well with the 2 ton SRT suspension.

I was cruising through Tire Rack online and admiring the Pirelli P Zero System tires that are often OEM on the big Euro performance machinery such as Ferrari and Lambos. The prices of $350.00+ per tire just seemed too steep for rubber that I was going to leave on the race track and probably only give one summer of track fun. Just as I was about to go and buy some Khumos, I spotted this:

255/35ZR20
Blackwall Asimmetrico Serv. Desc: 97Y
Load Rating XL
Price: $124.00 (each) Closeout

Estimated Availability:
In Stock
Optional Road Hazard Program: additional $14.88 per tire
I dialed Tire Rack's number faster that Paris Hilton can slip off her dress. 3 days later I was at one of their installers in Upstate New York having them put the big shoes on Black Beauty.

What a difference! Not even a hint of understeer. The car takes corners with the ESP disabled at scary fast speeds. Can't wait to get up on the track in a week or so. In the meantime, here are some pics of my Beast with the big rubber. (more pics are up in the photo gallery)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts