Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler has bombarded me with a fair amount of advertising material about the 300C. I've driven the Touring and 300C, and am weighing the 300C versus the Lincoln LS. I think I'm leaning towards the 300C. Before I order one, however, I'd like to see what the green and blue interiors look like. None of the dealers in the Phoenix area have any, nor does anybody expect to receive any. I'm told those interiors are special order only.

I'm contemplating a Cool Vanilla 300C with the green/grey interior. Anyone have pics of the special interiors?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Dutch said:
Chrysler has bombarded me with a fair amount of advertising material about the 300C. I've driven the Touring and 300C, and am weighing the 300C versus the Lincoln LS. I think I'm leaning towards the 300C. Before I order one, however, I'd like to see what the green and blue interiors look like. None of the dealers in the Phoenix area have any, nor does anybody expect to receive any. I'm told those interiors are special order only.

I'm contemplating a Cool Vanilla 300C with the green/grey interior. Anyone have pics of the special interiors?
Sorry, no pics but my interior is light gray with a very dark jade. The carpet is light gray, almost white. It also is on the rear package shelf. The top of the dash, steering wheel bottom, and top half of the doors are all in this dark jade (green). The rest of the interior is light gray. The headliner is likewise very light gray in color. I believe this is the "green" interior you asked about.

Not aware of any other green. It was not a special order because my dealer had 2 exactly the same when I bought it so I had a choice of the 2 cars. This color combo has been illustrated on the many brochures i received also. I had to search for it and found them, equipped as I wanted, at only one of the WashDC area dealers.

This contrast is very pleasing; I believe the light interior helps avoid the "tunnel" feeling than can be found with darker interiors since the windows have been reduced in size.

Only drawback could be easily soiled carpets, particularly with kids. I have no young kids and my solution to soiling has been to add cheap clear plastic mats, front and rear. This is satisfactory but some may not want to go to this trouble. Even sounds a bit silly, but it works. I did the same thing with earlier LHS's with light interiors.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dutch said:

Perhaps you have a special dealer, who would dealer install interior like that for his customers? Sometimes dealers install items that do not come in as factory, OEM

Dutch, I know that you didn’t ask but I’ll going to give you my two cents anyway. Based on past performances why would you choose to buy the Lincoln over the 300c? Have you seen the resale value on the LS, lately? That alone would steer me away for purchasing a Lincoln.

But with the 300c being so new and all we won’t know what a resale will net us. Historically GM cars take a big depreciation at the time of sale. Just food for thought. I hope that Chrysler can buck this trend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
MOMO said:
Historically GM cars take a big depreciation at the time of sale. Just food for thought. I hope that Chrysler can buck this trend.
Actually Lincoln is owned by Ford, but I would think Ford vehicles have an even lower resale value than GM (but I'm sure they are in the same ballpark).

However, if you are looking into used cars, a low resale value may be beneficial. IMO, I'd rather buy a "new" car from someone who just bought it, because the initial depreciation would be gone. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses everyone.

mileshoover, that's the interior I was trying to describe. Thanks for the information, I'll keep looking and try to find one in stock. I do have kids, but it would be my car - my wife has a Taurus wagon for hauling the rugrats around. Even that still looks good on the inside; modern car upholstery is amazing in how it cleans up, time after time.

MOMO, thanks for your input on the Lincoln LS. I'm considering one because it's a rear wheel drive V8. I really like the nice interior and plethora of luxury features (IMO better than 300C). It doesn't have the brute power of the 300C, though, and its interior is much smaller. I've pretty much decided on the 300C now. FYI I figure the depreciation on the LS is typical. An '01 with ~40k miles is worth about $20k. Chrysler is projecting residual lease values on a 300C at $12k at 60 mo/ 60k miles. You can't get much worse than that.

300C, I've been looking mostly at used LSes, but would order a new 300C and just take the hit. *Gulp*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dutch said:
300C, I've been looking mostly at used LSes, but would order a new 300C and just take the hit. *Gulp*
You really have to put things into perspective. 99.99% of cars on the market today are NOT investments. They all depreciate. BUT, if you plan on keeping it for a while and don't mind spending the extra money up front, I think you should definitely go with the new car (Just having the new car smell is worth the extra money :) ). In my opinion, I think you'd be better off in the long run with the 300C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts