Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys post a step by step on how to install or change the front grill?
I have read that the install is a PAIN in the A.., even bloddy :)
Also what is the best grill out there for a budjet of around $200-300. I prefer the Bently look (mesh). Should i buy it from EBAY? wich one/brand?
Thanks for all the help on this board, this site is very :cool:

Drive SAFE

·
Registered
351 Posts
cnv,

welcome to the family!!!
do a quick search and you should find the install for the grill...try the FAQ section.

Most of us have the E&G mesh grill, nice looking and sturdy. There are some others but this is the one consistent through out the forums and on the road.
I have yet to put mine on because I want it color matched and am waiting for the weather to break.

The last I looked, the E&G was running $265,this could have changed by now. Check our vendors as they have decent group buys and discounts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine still looks great after a snowy winter in Cleveland. Not a complicated install but it fits tight and thus a pain in the butt. I would buy one from a vendor here because they will give you support if there are any problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
front Grill

cnv4300c said:
Can you guys post a step by step on how to install or change the front grill?
I have read that the install is a PAIN in the A.., even bloddy :)
Also what is the best grill out there for a budjet of around $200-300. I prefer the Bently look (mesh). Should i buy it from EBAY? wich one/brand?
Thanks for all the help on this board, this site is very :cool:

Drive SAFE
It's real easy
Take the two covers that cover the fan they just pull off.
There are four plastic inserts that have to be pryed up and out to free the front houling the grill from the engine compartment.
pull the front part holding the grill as far foward as you can so you can get to the screws holding the grill.
There are four top screws and one screw on each side.
Take the six screws out tilt the top part of the grill out when it clears the body grab the grill and pull up as hard as you can thhis will break the last four screws that hold the bottom of the grill loose from the plastic body you do not need the bottom mounting barckets to secuer the new grill.
This saves a lot ot time trying to get to the bottom four screws.
Use the templet that comes with you new grill to drill four new 1/8 holes in the bottom.Open up the other six holes to 3/8 an start to install your new grill.
The whole thing should take about a hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts