Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased my Chrome Grille and black mesh from grip. Called and the product was shipped almost instantly and really had a sense of respect from the guy at customer service. I tracked my order and it should be here tomorrow and i cant wait to get my grille. Keep you guys updated on how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Good to hear. They certainly have some nice grills. What color is your car? Be sure to post some pics when you get the grill on. :fing02:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Brilliant Black 300c. So i got the chrome grip grille with the black diamond mesh behind it. I inserted the mesh today and i will be installing it tomorrow if the snow hold off here in MD. It only took 2 days to get here! Fantastic company thus far

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Nice choice. I have a BB too and that's exactly the grill/mesh plans I had before I fell in love with my Grillcraft. Although, I haven't completely thrown out the idea of a Grip. Good look with the install.

pics pics! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great minds think alike my friend. I will def post some pics after im finished tomorrow. Im going to take my stock grill, strip it, paint it, JB weld it, and make a deep dish. I kinda like the idea of having two grilles. Although, i love this grille and i dont see myself taking it off for a long time. And ill definitely go back to grip for the mesh.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Great minds think alike my friend.

And then there's you two! Go figure :joke:

Easy install and it looks great. As most people harped on me about the sidemarkers,don't forget them as well( I'd say tinted with BB). And like Kyle already said pics. Before and after is all we ask. You have one week to comply!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha touche.

P.S. its dumping some snow here in maryland so i guess i gotta wait another day or two.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Same here-Luckily you get a small reprieve.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Great minds think alike my friend.

And then there's you two! Go figure :joke:

Easy install and it looks great. As most people harped on me about the sidemarkers,don't forget them as well( I'd say tinted with BB). And like Kyle already said pics. Before and after is all we ask. You have one week to comply!
Oh no - Bob put you on the clock! You are in for it now. :biggrin:

And he's right about the side markers. Go ahead and take care of them while you have the fascia off for the grill. I currently have some ebay smoked side markers, but they are too light, have bad fitment, and get condensation. So I just decided to go back to my OEM's and tinted them myself, as Bob suggested. They came out great and I recommend it for the BB...

EDIT: BTW, that's ^^^ the type of before/after pics we are expecting. :)

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
nice can any light get through those babys?
Not really sure about that yet. :)

I put about 1000 coats of clear on. The more clear, the darker they looked believe it or not. But they are very dark. I did do a test with a cheapo keychain LED (just 1 white LED) and got light through. I bought some 13 M-SMD LED amber bulbs from V-LEDS, so hopefully I'll be okay.

Here is the keychain LED test...

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
You should be good to go.
And by the way-when are you installing them ??? :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
I currently have some ebay smoked side markers, but they are too light, have bad fitment, and get condensation.

I, too, have smoked side markers and got them on eBay. But they fit perfectly and have never had condensation. I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer of these pieces, or if maybe you just got a bad lot?

Anyway, I agree that they could be a shade darker for BB cars. I was thinking of shooting mine with a coat or two of VHT Nightshades to darken them up a bit. Has anyone tried that? If so, please post before and after pics.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
You should be good to go.
And by the way-when are you installing them ??? :)
Jeeeezz Bob! They are just side markers!! hahaa. I'll get to them soon. Still waiting for my BT stuff to get here. I plan to put my rear wing emblem on my front grill, but am still deciding what to do with it on the front (something I probably want to talk to you about). But then again, my rear wing emblem would need to be replaced then. Any ideas?? ;) So to answer the question, I'd like to knock all of this out in one go.
I, too, have smoked side markers and got them on eBay. But they fit perfectly and have never had condensation. I wonder if there is more than one manufacturer of these pieces, or if maybe you just got a bad lot?

Anyway, I agree that they could be a shade darker for BB cars. I was thinking of shooting mine with a coat or two of VHT Nightshades to darken them up a bit. Has anyone tried that? If so, please post before and after pics.
No, there are definitely different manufacturers. I helped out an Aussie forum members with a grill and side markers, as the ebay sellers were charging an arm and leg for shipping. This gave me an opportunity to take a look at a different manufacturer version of the side markers and they were MUCH nicer - I've since heard that the fitment is great and the refractor pattern was on the outside of the lens, simiilar to the OEM's but in a honeycomb-like pattern. In the end, Stealth Auto's side markers always get a great review and are recommended. A bit more than ebay ones, but presumably worth it.

As to your VHT Nite Shades question, was that a joke?? :) Look above. ^^^ I just posted my before/after pics.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you meant the aftermarket smoked ones. Should be a similar result, but less coats would be needed as I really wanted to cover the amber color of the OEM's. I probably did 3 to 4 light coats. 1 or 2 coats on smoked ones should do the job. Go for it. VHT is easy to work with.

·
Registered
827 Posts
No, there are definitely different manufacturers. I helped out an Aussie forum members with a grill and side markers, as the ebay sellers were charging an arm and leg for shipping. This gave me an opportunity to take a look at a different manufacturer version of the side markers and they were MUCH nicer - I've since heard that the fitment is great and the refractor pattern was on the outside of the lens, simiilar to the OEM's but in a honeycomb-like pattern. In the end, Stealth Auto's side markers always get a great review and are recommended. A bit more than ebay ones, but presumably worth it.
Hmmm, I bought my "Euro Smoked" side markers on eBay before Stealth starting selling them. When Stealth announced the availability of the smoked side markers, they posted a large close-up photo, which I compared to the markers I bought from eBay, and they were identical in every way- same reflector pattern, same numbers/letters molded onto the lens, everything. Except I paid $20 for the pair including shipping and two orange bulbs (which I replaced with LEDs because I didn't like that you could see the orange through the lens). Guess I lucked into the good ones, for a smokin' deal (pun intended)!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually i just tinted (smoked) my side makers two weeks ago.... Ill be sure to post pics of them (with the grille pics) after im finished the install tomorrow (before and after). Snow is done and i dont have a thing to do tomorrow besides work on my C. Pics to be Posted Tomorrow night!

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
And being the kind souls we are-we're going to hold ya to it.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Tick... tock... :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Alright fellas here it is.... I just finished up 6:30pm so im sorry for the camera phone pics and it was getting dark... Here is the before/after of the grille and my corners. Ill be sure to take closer and better pictures of the grille tomorrow or whenever its nice outside. Love the new grille! now im modding the old plate bracket (I have to show off the full grille) because Maryland law requires both plates. I am also going to Billet Tech or Fast Hemis tomorrow to get the "mopar" grip grille emblem and rear wing emblem..

(plug) Grip is a great company, perfect fit, and I love my choice with the chrome on the BB. Soon to have Chrome SRT Reps.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts