Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting together a group buy for paint matched factory mud flaps. Cost will be $125.00 for front & rear set painted in your cars color. I require at least 10 sets for this price. Please pm me if you are interested.

Ernie

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is a flex agent being added to the paint in order to keep the paint from cracking?

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I am interested. Have had a set of the guards sitting in the garage for months now since I can't seem to get around to painting them. Any deals if I provide the parts?

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the paint has flex in it as well as the primer we use. That shouldn't be an issue as long as your not bumping into things.

·
Registered
538 Posts
jjs said:
I am interested. Have had a set of the guards sitting in the garage for months now since I can't seem to get around to painting them. Any deals if I provide the parts?
I am in the very SAME situation. If there was some deal for those of us like this THAT WOULD BE COOL.

I am interested!

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the members that all ready have mud flaps want to get them done I could do that. If you guys could give me a count that would be cool. I would request though that all that wanted this ship them to me all at the same time. It would not pay for me to run my booth to just do 1 or 2. I thinking at least 5 sets.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Is this just the price to paint, or flaps plus paint? If the latter, is price the same for those who send in their own flaps? I already paid $38 ea. to have flaps applied... adding paint at that price would make the total cost of painted flaps more like $250, plus shipping. If so, NOT interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Avon Custom Wheels said:
Its a set of 4 painted.
I think that the question being asked is, for those that already have the flaps, and assuming you get 5 participants to send in their flaps at the same time, how much would it be to paint those flags?

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
javac said:
I think that the question being asked is, for those that already have the flaps, and assuming you get 5 participants to send in their flaps at the same time, how much would it be to paint those flags?
Correct... I assumed the stated price included flaps for those who do not have them at present... meaning price is nearly the same as buying original flaps at the dealer as I did, i.e., VERY GOOD DEAL. However, if I send the flaps that I have in to be painted... I'm thinking the price isn't going to be anywhere near $5-10/set... but I wouldn't expect it to be $125/(provided set) either.

·
Banned
72 Posts
rip off

the mud flaps ar elike $40 for a set of 4 and to get them painted is like super cheap

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Yeah, just go get a can of rustoleum and go to town, $1.99 for paint... That would be a :nono:

300cp said:
the mud flaps ar elike $40 for a set of 4 and to get them painted is like super cheap

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, my head is spinning let me try to explain. If you don't already have the flaps, its going to cost you $125 for a set of 4 painted. Some members have asked if I would paint the flaps they already have. I said I would. The price is $50 to paint your set of 4 flaps plus shipping back to you. I said if I was going to paint your flaps I would need at least 5 members that would send them at the same time. You have to understand to run our spraybooth for 1 set at a time is not cost effective for me to do. The booth has a million BTU furnace to heat the air and with the cost of natural gas these days it gets a little expensive to run. If I can get at least 5 I would be happy to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Ok... now I can say that I would be interested in a $50 painting in midnight blue pearl of my current black flaps. However, that means you would need 4 more midnight blue pearl guys or it's no go... right? Or can you do different colors for different sets and it's just one bake cycle?

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
I want to be "Lucy" on that assembly line applying the mud... (just kidding!)

Just let me know if enough come in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts