Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

We have completed several installs of the New Head & Intake package we developed, all with great customer response to the increase hp & tq .

We shocked our selves today with some minor updates on the porting and a spring upgrade we picked up significent cfm and the results are amazing
77 rwhp and 62.3 lbs of tq over the stock setup...WOW

This car had only a magnaflow exhaust and was dyno'd before by the customer also to verify numbers, the customers before dyno and ours were with in 6 rwhp so we had a solid baseline .

The test drive with the customer was really great we got on the car from a 15 mph roll and at about 3500 rpm the tires could no longer hold traction resulting ain a huge Grin from myself and the customer..!

See attached

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
So these numbers are with package A without the headers correct?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
300CUL8R said:
So these numbers are with package A without the headers correct?
YES...as listed stock manifolds...

We have 2 more installs right in back of this setup, one with stock manifolds and a our blower kit and the other a complete all out setup with everything we have....should be some Killer #'s with the blower

Scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scott,

Does the extra porting and spring upgrade increase the cost of your packages?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like I am going to have to get me one of those.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Scott is talking about my car. I picked it up today. To say I was pleased when I got it, would be a vast understatement. It is like a new car. It is scary fast. When we went on the test drive I was in awe of how much power it was making. I drove it 2 1/2 hours home over the mountains and I pushed it hard. It ran great.

Scott and his guys did everything they said they would and completed the car when they originally told me they would. I can say without hesitation that as they release more upgrades on these cars, I will be going back for more.

I envy these guys. They are doing stuff they love to do and they're getting paid for it. Scott, John, Brian and the rest of the guys at GSM, thank you. The car kicks a**.

·
Registered
62 Posts
eggr said:
Scott is talking about my car. I picked it up today. To say I was pleased when I got it, would be a vast understatement. It is like a new car. It is scary fast. When we went on the test drive I was in awe of how much power it was making. I drove it 2 1/2 hours home over the mountains and I pushed it hard. It ran great.

Scott and his guys did everything they said they would and completed the car when they originally told me they would. I can say without hesitation that as they release more upgrades on these cars, I will be going back for more.

I envy these guys. They are doing stuff they love to do and they're getting paid for it. Scott, John, Brian and the rest of the guys at GSM, thank you. The car kicks a**.
Hey eggr
That sound FFFANTASTIC!! Congrats on the upgrade. Now give it to us straight so we that are LONG distance can visuallize this. The ONLY mods are the new head/manifold (polished?) and Magnaflow?? How about the Torque/fan switch?
I wanted to wait to get a few more miles on her (I only have 2300) before I do that head job. But I don't know how long I can wait.

Jealous:eek1:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BBSRT8 said:
Scott,

Does the extra porting and spring upgrade increase the cost of your packages?

All the Head packages are standard with the relation to the port work.

There are 2 basic options on the heads,

Comp hemi behive springs

Manley push rods

Scott

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow nice gains!!!

Other than the polished manifold it's pretty stealth to the dealer correct?

Also, what are the downsides/risks of this mod? reliability?

Given my nice long warranty the supercharger is out of the question but this might be a nice add.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Impatiently Waiting for Dyno #'s on the S/Charged motors with these heads!! Just when I thought 500 RWHp & Tq was enough...................................................."nah-h-h-h-h-h".........................It's time to go for 600:banana: :banana: !!!

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
teahead said:
Great #s! I'm amazed that headporting would create another 100+ crank HP!

Imagine w/the new 6.1L cam, what it could be?
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=24094
I'm a bit worried about torque and gas mileage with the new cam which, according to the thread, has more overlap and higher lift than the current one. On the other hand the engine will be tilted even more toward high end HP.

At low and moderate RPM, the overlap will mean that you're recirculating more exhaust gas therefore burning fuel less efficiently. And the higher lift means more fuel will tend to be dumped in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
3 simple questions :)

Price of kit?
approx labor charge?
What does it do to factory engine warranty?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
freakyshiat said:
3 simple questions :)

Price of kit?
approx labor charge?
What does it do to factory engine warranty?

price of kit 2895.00 you can delete the cerma chromed intake coating for the stelth look (-100.00) so 2795.00

add 225.00 for the upgraded springs

labor is 1500.00

with this type of install you can not tell the motor has been touched.

Scott

·
Registered
255 Posts
QuikSilver said:
Impatiently Waiting for Dyno #'s on the S/Charged motors with these heads!! Just when I thought 500 RWHp & Tq was enough...................................................."nah-h-h-h-h-h".........................It's time to go for 600:banana: :banana: !!!
"Never give up" there is always somebody faster

·
Registered
823 Posts
GSM said:
price of kit 2895.00 you can delete the cerma chromed intake coating for the stelth look (-100.00) so 2795.00

add 225.00 for the upgraded springs

labor is 1500.00

with this type of install you can not tell the motor has been touched.

Scott
Are those springs the Cmmp Cams bee-hives?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts