Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GSM 6.1 SRT Performance Calibrated TCM (transmission control module)

We have completed a performance Transmission calibration that gives the following enhancements over the stock calibration

Torque converter stall raised 500 rpm,
This gets allows the car to move much quicker in to the rpms and higher torque curve resulting in quicker acceleration.

Holds the gear longer,
While in D the stock car will shift early and with our calibration the car holds the performance gear longer before shifting to a crusing gear or the next gear .

Increased line pressure,
This provides quicker and firmer shifts and very exact shifting when you are under hard acceleration

General Information

This module is a direct replacement factory part and we provide complete factory instructions.

This unit must be installed at your dealer as the can bus system requires that you Have a scan tool to input the serial # to link the new module with you vehicle

GS Motorsports has the proper Chrysler Star Scan Tool to install at our facility.

Currently this is only available for the 6.1 300, Charger and Magnum SRT’s

Sell price 699.00

Ship weight 4lb

We will offer a credit of $50.00 for any one that wants to return their
stock TCM to GS Motorsports.

COMING SOON 5.7 MODULE AND JEEP SRT 6.1

order link

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=61TCM&Category_Code=HMIENGELEC

you can call direct and order at

888-GSM-HEMI (416-4964) ext 102,101

Thank You,

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports llc
562.947.7053 ext 103

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TypeR0149 said:
is this is a drivetrain warrenty void item?

No , you can simply tell the dealer you have a new module and you would like it installed.

There is no visiable differance , it is a factory part and it is a non serviceable part so the dealer can not see that the calibration is different.

Scott

·
Registered
211 Posts
GSM said:
No , you can simply tell the dealer you have a new module and you would like it installed.

There is no visiable differance , it is a factory part and it is a non serviceable part so the dealer can not see that the calibration is different.

Scott
perfect, next paycheck i may be one of your forum test mules.

will this item help with the notorious throttle lag?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm pretty sure about this and have already PMed you, but have a few questions (you know me Scott, so I'm sure you're not surprised). Here goes:

1. There is a TSB that is suppossed to become available soon that is intended to finally fix the 1-2 shift hesitation that some of us still experience. Will this take care of that problem or will you still need the TSB, and if so, will the two be compatable?

2. Morpheus has predicted that software will be available by the end of the year and Superchips has alluded to the fact that they can more easily provide for modded cars (not stock). Will those be compatable with the TCM?

Thanks Scott, I'm looking forward to doing more business with you. Hey, how are those gears coming along :)?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I posted a few questions on chargerforums, but my main one is:

How do you change the stall of a torque converter with a computer reprogram? As far as I know, you can't. This is a mechanical funtion of the TC and is controlled by the stator fin angles and other mechanical funtions. I understand the shift firmness and shift points (a little nervous about changing shift firmness with line pressure, not usually a good thing), but stall speed is independent of those things.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DP03 said:
I posted a few questions on chargerforums, but my main one is:

How do you change the stall of a torque converter with a computer reprogram? As far as I know, you can't. This is a mechanical funtion of the TC and is controlled by the stator fin angles and other mechanical funtions. I understand the shift firmness and shift points (a little nervous about changing shift firmness with line pressure, not usually a good thing), but stall speed is independent of those things.
The Calibration we have is what would be considered an AMG vs Mercedes difference, its a "sport tune" and I dont think many people will disagree that the shifting is a bit lame on the srt's in certain area's, and we have the ability to futher tune certain aspects for specific applications, we are also working on the ECU with a list of goodies we want....coming soon

Here is excert on how the calibration is handled on the Torque converter

the TCM can duty cycle the torque converter lock-up solenoid to achieve a smooth application of the torque converter clutch. This function, referred to as Electronically Modulated Converter Clutch (EMCC) can occur at various times depending on the following variables:

Shift lever position
Current gear range
Transmission fluid temperature
Engine coolant temperature
Input speed
Throttle angle
Engine speed

When the stator is locked against the freewheeling clutch, the torque multiplication feature of the torque converter is operational.

Scott
GS Motorsports

·
Registered
118 Posts
GSM said:
The Calibration we have is what would be considered an AMG vs Mercedes difference, its a "sport tune" and I dont think many people will disagree that the shifting is a bit lame on the srt's in certain area's, and we have the ability to futher tune certain aspects for specific applications, we are also working on the ECU with a list of goodies we want....coming soon

Here is excert on how the calibration is handled on the Torque converter

the TCM can duty cycle the torque converter lock-up solenoid to achieve a smooth application of the torque converter clutch. This function, referred to as Electronically Modulated Converter Clutch (EMCC) can occur at various times depending on the following variables:

Shift lever position
Current gear range
Transmission fluid temperature
Engine coolant temperature
Input speed
Throttle angle
Engine speed

When the stator is locked against the freewheeling clutch, the torque multiplication feature of the torque converter is operational.

Scott
GS Motorsports
Well, since we're both posting on both sites.....

Scott, I understand the lockup parameters. But I think you have misrepresented the ability to change a TC stall with a computer change. It doesn't work that way. A TC stall speed is mechanically determined. A TC's lockup sensitivity can surely be changed by computer. We used to mess around with that all the time with LS1 Edit. But that is not the same as changing the stall speed. That's all I'm saying.

For a really good explanation of stall speed / stall torque ratios, go to this site. This company makes some of the best TC's out there, and he helped me get into the 10's with my 00 Camaro N/A.

www.converter.cc

·
Registered
133 Posts
scott, sounds very interesting. as always thanks for the time and effort to support our rides.

will these enhancements (specifically shift firmness) take place in autostick as well?

·
Registered
493 Posts
GSM said:

Scott
Its not that easy, they will ask you why, you cant say that the current one on the car is faulty since they can scan the car and they wont find any fault or they car drive the car and see everything is fine.

Increasing pressure line isnt always a good thing either. I dont know why you guys are doing this to a SRT8 as the shifting firmness in a SRT8 is excellent, the only thing that i like from what you are offering is that it stays in gear longer. I only wish that my car stays in second a bit longer maybe 5 more MPH. Otherwise I love how it shifts and feels.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just ordered one

·
Registered
267 Posts
GSM said:
we are also working on the ECU with a list of goodies we want....coming soon
Scott, please call me, I have a few questions.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SidwaySRT said:
scott, sounds very interesting. as always thanks for the time and effort to support our rides.

will these enhancements (specifically shift firmness) take place in autostick as well?

We concentrated on the "D" autostick mode, with the supercharger system we have the autostick would shift very early and the lockup on the converter was happening way to early causing hard shifting.

Now with the new calibration the shifting at light throttle is much better with the lockup not engaging and causing the harsh shift points, on the other side if you go wot the car jumps much quicker in to the powerband and shifts much more exact and firm.

Scott
GS Motorsports

·
Registered
787 Posts
So will mine ship today Scott?

·
Registered
743 Posts
HalV48 said:
So will mine ship today Scott?
O.K. if Hal is in, then change my appointment for next Saturday from pencil to pen. Can you be sure that Hal gets his quickly though, so he has time to install it. That way if it messes up his car, I can still back out :)!

·
Registered
787 Posts
TypeR0149 said:
im half tempted just dont know how to approach my dealer with it.
My son works at a Chrysler dealership, and he and the Service Mgr are buds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GSM said:
GSM 6.1 SRT Performance Calibrated TCM (transmission control module)

This module is a direct replacement factory part and we provide complete factory instructions.

This unit must be installed at your dealer as the can bus system requires that you Have a scan tool to input the serial # to link the new module with you vehicle

/QUOTE]

A quick question, and I'm not sure this is possible. In order to avoid having to go to a dealer for them to link a new module, is it possible to send in your own unit have it modified and then reinstall it without having to go to a dealer to relink the original module?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts